Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » American Eagle, American Connection   » seats on AE

Author Topic: seats on AE
KarenLF
Post Captain
Member # 464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenLF   Email KarenLF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I actually saw a 34 seater on a SAAB.
The seat map showed 30.

American Eagle getting seats back?
I was told no explaination was given.....

Did I miss something here? What's going on?

Karen

bayoubandit
Post Captain
Member # 1713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoubandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also heard rumor that all the seats are going back in.
AA767Rob
Post Captain
Member # 1061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AA767Rob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My uniformed guess is that AMR will announce the sale of Executive Airlines in the next week or two...

They've been threatening to do it for some time and it would free up lot of ASM capacity for more jet deliveries, plus it would make all of the planes more profitable.

-Rob.

KarenLF
Post Captain
Member # 464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenLF   Email KarenLF   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AA767Rob:
My uniformed guess is that AMR will announce the sale of Executive Airlines in the next week or two...

They've been threatening to do it for some time and it would free up lot of ASM capacity for more jet deliveries, plus it would make all of the planes more profitable.

-Rob.

Rob,

You are right. Just heard today that Eagle is no longer in MIA and SJU. It is Executive Airlines. Because of that or at least some of that.....AE are getting thier seats back.

Karen

bayoubandit
Post Captain
Member # 1713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayoubandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karen,

I heard that Ealge cancelled the last 2 deliveries for the 70 seater. Have you heard anything about that?

KarenLF
Post Captain
Member # 464

Hi BB (Bayou Bandit)

No, I am sorry, haven't heard a thing.
Kinda hard to hear about anything here in California!
Have a great day
Karen

IA Farm Boy
Post Captain
Member # 2024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IA Farm Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Executive Airlines actually has been around quite a while. It is one of the original "commuters" that AMR purchased, as well as Metro Express, Chaparell, Simmons, Wings West, etc. When the four separate Eagles were combined, the Executive Certificate (which was the Caribbean carrier, SJU) was never released. The other carriers ceased to be different certificates, just American Eagle. The two carriers (Eagle and Executive) operated as one (pilots, FAs, and everyone could bid back and forth). Executive has strictly been the San Juan operation, flying ATRs. When all the ATRs were moved to either MIA or SJU, they were combined on the Executive certificate (that process is just now being completed). Sorry for the long explanation, I'm just trying to make sure I don't mislead anyone.

As for the Saabs, all the seats are being put back in row 14. No explanation given.

The CRJ-700s- There are two sitting in Toronto right now ready for delivery. It could be that there is an outstanding AD on the fuel system that AMR doesn't think they should have to pay for, and neither does Canadair. It could be that AMR management has said "no more capital expenditures," and each delivery requires 20% down payment (The ERJs are 100% financed). It could be that the EMJ-170 is getting closer to certification all the time, and they are making a better financing proposal (Embraer REALLY doesn't want their best customer operating someone else's product). It also could be that in today's economic times, only having 25 of a fleet type doesn't make sense (we have 25 confirmed, 25 options on the CRJ).

These are just some of the rumors floating around DFW.

KarenLF
Post Captain
Member # 464

Thank you for the info. Your explanation certainly did help.
Have a great evening
Karen

AA767Rob
Post Captain
Member # 1061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AA767Rob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its official. AMR has just sold off Executive Airlines, freeing up ASM's for more RJ deliveries.

More details later...

-Rob.

Yahoo Biz

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: AA767Rob ]

KarenLF
Post Captain
Member # 464

quote:
Originally posted by AA767Rob:
Its official. AMR has just sold off Executive Airlines, freeing up ASM's for more RJ deliveries.

More details later...

-Rob.

Yahoo Biz

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: AA767Rob ]

You were right.
Yep, heard that myself.
Karen

IA Farm Boy
Post Captain
Member # 2024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IA Farm Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is just great. The pilots of the four seperate Eagles signed a unprecedented 16yr. no strike contract so as to get the four Eagles together- no whipsaw. Five years later, one of the "Eagles" is sold, and used to screw both the Eagle pilots (both Exec. and Eagle) and the AA pilots. These people have no morals.
IA Farm Boy
Post Captain
Member # 2024

It would appear that if APA has their way, all the left seats on Eagle from now 'til eternity will be going to them (above and beyond Supp W/Letter 3).

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory