Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » Check Loads without Jetnet;

Author Topic: Check Loads without Jetnet;
Phil
Post Captain
Member # 509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phil   Email Phil   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until retirees are given Jetnet access again the back door method to check loads is on the AA.com website.

It is hidden down a string of menus as follows:
Highlight Travel information. Wait for a dropdown submenu to load. (Note clicking on Travel Information will not get you the sub menu as fast as just highlignting it with your mouse.) Click on - View Flight Schedules. Click on - Check Flights. Click on - Regardless of availability. Then under Seats Click - VIEW.

A seat map will be displayed giving you a back door non rev avialibility. Remember this will not show the oversell as in Jetnet. I used it and got on every leg that showed some open seats.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phil,

Great tip, man! That's the first time I've seen those seat maps.

Thanks,
Paul

DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Paul and Phil....

I've mentioned this method some time ago on the TARPA site. Remember, however, that while I totally agree that it's a very helpful resource, it only shows seats that have not been specifically selected, not necessarily not been booked. Often, when a res is made, the pax doesn't actually choose the exact seat, thus some of the seats that show empty, may well be booked, as far as seat count goes. It does help, that's for sure. (Delta and United do the same thing but since we can't travel on them, it really is a moot point.)

In addition, don't forget PCRES, which carries with it a monthly fee, but this will allow you access to SABRE from home and this is similar to our old CAMS access where we can get a good idea of availability, non-rev listings, etc. To sign up for PCRES, go to: amrcorp.com/retiree then click on 'travel'. On that page, look about half way down the list for 'PCRES'. You can then download and print the application. (That same page, near the bottom, lists 'OALs' where you can see the list of OALs that give TWA retirees ZED fares or reduced rates.) It's $5.00 to sign up for PCRES plus $7.50 minimum per month which allows you one hour. You pay an additional $7.50 per hour over that. I've only used it a few times but decided it was worth having. The fee definately discourages too much surfing around SABRE, unlike what we could do with CAMS in the old days. With the sign-up kit, they send you the most basic commands to check availability. You can also supposedly list for a flight but I haven't tried it.

Good Luck.

Alan

[ 06-11-2002: Message edited by: DRUMMER ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory