Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » Medical/Dental Insurance for 2003

Author Topic: Medical/Dental Insurance for 2003
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha...Just wondering if anyone has heard about
"signing up" for our Medical/Dental Insurance for the year 2003? It is almost December and we have not heard anything. We sure would hate to "miss" any enrollment date for us TWA old retirees to re-enroll.
Or can it be automatic?
Any word would be appreciated.
Mahalo...Benay

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
TWARETIRED97
Post Captain
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWARETIRED97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to call United Health Care and MetLife(dental) but they are closed for the weekend. Same phone # for both 800 638-9599

Joe

BMW Driver
Post Captain
Member # 200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BMW Driver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got mine 12/6. It is not automatic, in fact if you do not respond by deadline 12/31you loose coverage forever.

I am in the TWA Medical PPO Under 65 for 2002 and the cost for family covereage was zero ($0) this year. It looks like this will cost $120/month next year. Is that what your lettter says too? (It may vary be region.)

Bill

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The deadline for returning the forms for 2003 is December 27th, not the 31st. Paul
Granite
Post Captain
Member # 1876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Granite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received my 2003 medical enrollment form on 12/5. My cost for emp & spouse is $80 per mo. for under 65 PPO. Paul, I couldn't find any reference to a deadline other than Dec. 31. Sent mine priority mail so I would have a tracking no. and made copies of the form, the check and the payment coupon. Jack
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack,

On the cover letter than accompanied the election form and enrollment guide, in bold print at the bottom of the page, is stated:

This form must be returned to CompLink no later than December 27, 2002 in order for your changes to 2003 benefits to be accepted.

Paul

Joseph J Zollmann
Junior Poster
Member # 1868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joseph J Zollmann   Email Joseph J Zollmann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Paul,

My cover letter stated in bold type that the form must be returned to CompLink no later than December 31, 2002 in order for your changes to 2003 benefits to be accepted.

Best wishes to you and your family for a joyful Christmas Season.

Joseph (Jack) Zollmann

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Hi Jack,

well, that's interesting! It doesn't inspire much confidence in CompLink.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Paul

warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well guys, this insurance thing sounds like PURE harsssment!!! I don't know of any other company that does this. Even the Goverment does not go to this length!! I am in the Philippines now with two other retirees [AA/TWA] and we are at wits end as to how to handle this. I have emailed Compulink, NO reply. If we could get some blank forms by email we could at least fill in and send by FedEx to meet deadline. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas??
warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to add, our USA mail is being held stored. One of us may be able to get to the mail and have it FedEx to us but this is up in air??
BMW Driver
Post Captain
Member # 200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BMW Driver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

Regarding the deadline, my cover letter says, "...must be returned to CompLink no later the December 31, 2002.." The 2003 Enrollment Guide says somethig slightly different, "Be sure to check your Enrollment Form for your deadline date to make your selections. Your Enrolement Form must be POSTMARKED by this DATE." (CAPS mine)

The form seems poorly designed. Apparently you should only check one box per line, altough this is not mentioned in the directions. On the right end is a bunch of letters and at the top of the column, if you get out a magnifying glass (literally!), it says, "Circle the depentents you wish to cover" I guess, refering to Section C. below. I wonder how many will miss that. I measured the type face at 0.6mm high, about the width of 4 human hairs side by side.

You probably must also mail in all three pages (including the cover letter.) I was originally going to mail only pages 2&3, but you will notice your name only appears on page 1. Perhaps the bar code on 3 is sufficient, but that seems risky.

It doesn't apply to me yet, but what does one do in the year you become 65? Check both options? Or wait until the birthday month and send a Life Event Change Form (do you have one handy?)

What happens if you mail a payment late or it gets lost in the mail? It says in different places, "payments...will be returned if not postmarked on or before the 15th..." and "Claims will not be paid until your account is current" and "..premiums are due regardless of receit of invoice." Sounds like you could be locked out forever. All rather draconian talk.

Bill

OZASAN
Post Captain
Member # 1657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OZASAN         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BMW Driver:
What happens if you mail a payment late or it gets lost in the mail?
Bill[QUOTE]

Hi Bill,
I haven't read my letter yet but I am hoping the medical premiums can be deducted directly from our checking account. That is how we paid for the dental premiums this year. Each month I get an e-mail from COMPLINK that tells me the payment has been made.
I guess I'd better read what I have-soon!
KAT

[ 12-09-2002: Message edited by: OZASAN ]

Posts: 59 | From: San Diego and Lake of the Ozarks  |  IP: Logged
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the Philippines now with two other retirees [AA/TWA] and we are at wits end as to how to handle this. I have emailed Compulink, NO reply. If we could get some blank forms by email we could at least fill in and send by FedEx to meet deadline. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?? [/QB][/QUOTE]

FEDEX will not deliver to a PO BOX.They need a regular street address.Does anyone have a street address for Complink.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jim - The address on their site for CompLink is: CompLink, L.P., 106 Decker Court, Suite 200, Irving, TX 75062. I've also sent two messages on their website form and received no reply.

KAT - The website includes a printable form for having payments deducted from your checking account. You have to return the form plus a voided check.

Bill - Son-of-a-gun if I didnt miss the teenie type also. I also sent my forms in by regular mail. I think I'm going to send in a second set via certified mail, return receipt requested, to the Irving address.

I also wondered about identifying the plan participant and agree that you must return a copy of the cover sheet that has your name on it.

This whole thing really stinks!

Paul

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,
Thanks for the info.

Jim

twaokc
Post Captain
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twaokc   Email twaokc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

On the right side near the top of the form is your PID #. That tells complink who you are.
Carl

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jim,

I just spoke to CompLink and verified that if you can get the forms you can FedEx them to the Irving address I posted above. I requested that CompLink post enrollment forms on their website for downloading for people in your situation. Also, If you can reach them at the 877 902-9207 number and if you can receive faxes they will fax forms to you. You can fax the forms back to 877-353-2948.

I have a sinking feeling that all this is useless because you won't be able to use a toll-free number from overseas. I've asked CompLink to send me a toll number where you can reach them.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Paul

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Carl,

You're right about the ID number on the form. I also learned from CompLink today that some forms are due on December 27th and others on the 31st. So, be sure to comply by the date on your form.

Paul

twaokc
Post Captain
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twaokc   Email twaokc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,
It seems they are making this alot harder than it should be. Maybe they are hoping some of us will screw up and not be covered.
I mailed a copy to the PO box and one to the street address, both with return receipt. If they ask me why down the road, I will tell them that I did not trust them.
Have a good day.
Carl

[ 12-09-2002: Message edited by: twaokc ]

Hedgehopper
Post Captain
Member # 600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hedgehopper   Email Hedgehopper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any of you people served in the military during WW11, Korea, Vietnam or Desert Storm make sure you contact the VA office nearest you and sign up for your medical benefits. There's been a lot of changes in the last year. All of your prescriptions (90 day supplies) have only a small co-pay of $7.00. Office visits to your assigned Doctor are co-pay $15.00 and I might mention since this is the first year I've used my VA benefits, the service is fantastic. I now use VA as my primary care giver. Medicare takes care of most of the rest and United Health Care most of what's left. I've had by-pass surgery. A pacemaker. Lots of prescriptions. Colostomy every couple of years and extensive follow up with my Cardiologist. I don't think it's cost me $1000. out of pocker. I asked the VA administrater if he thought I should keep AMRs supplemental insurance even though I don't use the prescription discounts etc. He recommended that I DO keep them since the premium is only $100 or so dollars a month and one never knows what will change within the VA. But for right now if you served in any branch of the service check and see if you have any benefits coming. Ken Fairchild
warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Great news!! I was finally able to get through to Compulink at 4 AM here in Philippines. Talked with a John Perry, he had my forms emailed to me in a pdf format [ within a minute]. Now all I have to do is FedEX back. Hope all who are in my situation can use this avenue.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

To All,

I called Complink today and learned they have no record yet of the form I mailed to them Dec 4th. So I just faxed copies of the form and signature page to them as a back-up. (I'm a type A personality) The toll-free fax number is 877 353-2948. I don't have a fax machine but was able to fax at a local office supply store for $2.00. I think that's cheap insurance that I will still have health insurance come January 1st.

Paul

bayman
Junior Poster
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bayman   Email bayman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received my Jan 2003 bill for next year's medical and dental insurance today, so they obiviously are getting the paper work mailed to them.

OJ

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called CompLink on Friday and they had not yet received my paperwork that was sent on the 9th of December. They advised me that it takes them a while to get everything posted. The person helping me tried to calm my nerves concerning my fear of losing insurance. "Don't worry, be happy."

I sent the enrollment registered, and today sent the Jan 1 payment. I hope the payment will back up the enrollment forms that I sent earlier and that I'll have no problems. Very interesting stuff.

Dave Carr

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just called this toll free number (877 902-9207)and after a few moments, got thru to a nice lady (Debrah). She confirmed that the paperwork had been received and processed and that the automatic deductions would be taken out each month as requested.

The form was sent in the 6th of this month.

Good luck and have a wondeful Holiday season.

Randy Kramer

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

I got the good news this afternoon that my faxed paperwork has been received. Now I'm left to ponder why I got two separate mailings of payment invoices for January. I was also sent a new website password, in error, and had to reset the password I want to use. Does anyone else get the feeling that Complink wasn't really prepared for this?

Paul

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got two separate Invoices from Complink.

One postmarked 12/15, the other 12/19. Since they show a 37 cents postage this could be expensive for them if everyone gets a double invoice.

twret
Post Captain
Member # 694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twret   Author's Homepage   Email twret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got my enrollment form 12/6 returned via mail same day, and yesterday recevied statment for January. I chose only spose and myself, and dental for me only. Complink sent family plan. e-mailed and waiting for answer on correct amount to send back for January.
BMW Driver
Post Captain
Member # 200

Icon 5 posted      Profile for BMW Driver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a similar experience. Signed up for wife and I ($80/month) and got bill for the Family plan ($120/month.)

Went to web site and find the info is now correct. Will sign up for direct payment.

Bill

[ 12-29-2002: Message edited by: BMW Driver ]

twret
Post Captain
Member # 694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twret   Author's Homepage   Email twret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by twret:
Got my enrollment form 12/6 returned via mail same day, and yesterday recevied statment for January. I chose only spose and myself, and dental for me only. Complink sent family plan. e-mailed and waiting for answer on correct amount to send back for January.

Happy New Year Everyone. The other night Complink called my home around 8:30 p.m. EST, say's they were backlogged, and as I stated above, just send the correct amount in. I checked Complinks web site, under Billing, and all the corrections were made.

BMW Driver
Post Captain
Member # 200

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BMW Driver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After mailing my enrollment I received a corrected bill for January. I went to the CompLink site and tried to pay January bill but got this error, "Error: Unable to validate payment. Please try again." So I did and got the same error again. I called the 800 number [877-902-9207] and spoke to Christian. He said that the system will not accept online payments if past due! Don't they want my money? He suggested I mail in a check.

Then I inquired about the ACH Authorization Agreement. I captured the form (copy/paste) into a word document, added two lines for the account and routing number (that's why they ask for a void check) and was ready to email the form to CompLink when I realized I had no address. They want the form snail-mail or fax. Christian supplied this email,

customerservice@complink.biz
We'll see if it works. I'll give them a few days to see if the payment appears at the bank. THEN I'll panic!

Bill

Hedgehopper
Post Captain
Member # 600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hedgehopper   Email Hedgehopper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is January and I just received my statement for Medical/Dental/prescription insurance from Complink. Tried to call them to question the increase in cost from $156 a month to $256 per month and advise them to continue drafting the premiums from my bank accout as in 2002. It was impossible to reach them on the phone. I think they only have one gal to answer the phone. So I e-mailed my instructions and received a positive response within five minutes, though I still haven't received an answer regarding the increase in premium. Did you all get a big increase in premium?
TWARETIRED97
Post Captain
Member # 1260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWARETIRED97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just the additional $40 for myself & $40 for my wife. New total $138.49 for our dental/medical coverage.

Joe

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory