Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » GoZED

Author Topic: GoZED
ejsonntag
Junior Poster
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ejsonntag   Email ejsonntag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have been trying to get into the GoZED website as suggested by Capt Kramer. I could not locate the Travel Page on JetNet nor was I able to get past the password entry on GoZED. Any help would be appreciated.
Ed Sonntag

Tom Hoskins
spider
Member # 1259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Hoskins   Email Tom Hoskins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just figured it out. Go to Jetnet, Travel Information then find the link to gozed. That is the only way you can access gozed without a password. It works great.

Tom

ejsonntag
Junior Poster
Member # 1643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ejsonntag   Email ejsonntag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tom,
I finally found it by going from the JetNet start page hrough Site Map, Retiree Travel, and then Travel Information pages. GoZed really does fill in a big void in our travel planning. Last month I spent quite a few hours setting up a trip LAX-SYD the old fashioned way on QA website for schedules and calling AA for ZED fares (only $257 roundtrip) and then calling QA to check on best travel days. All of this came to naught as their reservations just happened to mention that my planned return was embargoed. GoZED has the embargo information and a lot more. Well maybe next year for SYD - earlier.
Anyway, it seems with Travel Planner and now GoZED our planning is a whole lot easier.
Ed Sonntag

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm missing something somewhere on finding this GoZED info page.

I started at the Jetnet home page. The site page did not have selections titled "Retiree Travel" or "Travel Information".

If anyone wants to walk me thru it step by step I'd appreciate it!

Thanks...............Frank

philsal
Junior Poster
Member # 703

Icon 9 posted      Profile for philsal   Author's Homepage   Email philsal   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try:

http://gozed.com/discounts/home.cfm

warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TO - ejsonntag , look at other airlines that serve the market and offer a ZED. You can use the same ticket, even go different direction. For example, PR serves Sidney-MNL-LAX[SFO] and would except ZED's. There are others, CX via HKG.
I think the system is great with lots of options.
Good luck nonreving

DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GoZed has been a great resource. I have one problem, however, and maybe someone knows the solution. When trying to reach the page for pricing a ZED fare, I am asked for my 'three digit carrier code' which I have learned to be, apparently, '001' but what is the 'carrier password' which is supposedly issued only by my respective 'pass office'? Thanks to whomever knows the answer to this one.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan and Frank,

You can't get to the Zed fare calculator from the GoZed website, because, as Alan points out, you don't have the carrier passward. But, here is how you get there...

Log on to JetNet, in the center top column click on "learn more" in the "new travel program has launched" article. This gets you, in a backhanded way, to the Travel Information page. At the bottom right corner is the "Go to GoZed" hot button under "Related Sites". Click on Go to GoZed and VOILA, you're in!

Paul

DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How right you are, Paul! Many thanks... I'm amazed at the ZED fares....much less than the old ID-90s and online access to Jetnet and GoZED makes travel planning so much easier. I also know of a fellow retiree who booked LH ZED from LAX to FRA and was upgraded to Business Class, even though it appears all ZED travel is normally in Y class. The fare? Under $80 with fees, one-way!

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: DRUMMER ]

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Irish....

Now I can get on (or is it off?) my ZED and go places!

Frank

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Back to square one with this ZED info.

I used the suggestion to access the info from the "Learn more" of the "Travel Info" page on Jetnet home page. Worked fine a cupl weeks ago.

But the last few days I've been unable to access this area. I enter, and after a few seconds it takes me back to the Home Page.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Frank

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,

I just tried it a moment ago and it worked fine. I will say that on a couple of occasions if I left Jetnet without signing out my computer locked up. I don't think it's the most stable site I've seen.

Paul

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory