Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » The Travel Card (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: The Travel Card
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed,

I fear you've been sunk by your use of incorrect terminology. Indeed, the TWA Travel card is now obsolete and will not be replaced by AA. What you really wanted was an AA retiree ID card.

Secondly, Complink has nothing to do with AA employee benefit administration. They only manage the medical and dental programs for AA. The people you really want to ask about the ID is employee services. 800 447-2000

Why not try again, and best of luck.

Paul

Ed Vallecorse
Junior Poster
Member # 1877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Vallecorse   Email Ed Vallecorse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

Thanks for the help. I will try to contact Employee Services to see if AA is mad at me. Again, thanks.

Ed

Ed Vallecorse
Junior Poster
Member # 1877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Vallecorse   Email Ed Vallecorse   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

I contacted AA as you suggested and was informed that they have 2 problems. 1: They have a lot of people leaving through retirement (Gee, I wonder why.) and 2: They have a template problem with the retirement cards. The person that I spoke to said that she was informed that it would be another 30 days (or so) before they even get to the application. I sent it in about 48 days ago. Today is June 5, 2003 for any of you out there that are about to send in an application.

Again, Paul, thank you for the information.

Ed

[ 06-05-2003, 08:39: Message edited by: Ed Vallecorse ]

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ed,

I'm happy things are looking up, albeit slowly.

Paul

warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Received the Retired ID card today from AA. I was surprised to see that it had "TWA" in large red letters on the front and NO AA. On the back is the AA address?? Maybe they are trying to tell us something. [Confused]
zip
Post Captain
Member # 1662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zip   Email zip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like they have perhaps changed the card format. Is anybody able to include a picture of the original card we all want so bad on this site. Still waiting for my card...zip [Confused]
Posts: 68 | From: Ojai, CA and Creve Coeur, MO  |  IP: Logged
757man
Post Captain
Member # 545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 757man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zip:
It sounds like they have perhaps changed the card format. Is anybody able to include a picture of the original card we all want so bad on this site. Still waiting for my card...zip [Confused]

Received my card today. A picture on the front says TWA retiree "no ramp". It also has your name, AA employee number, and date of hire. The back side says this is an "employee identification card". The bold print says AMERICAN AIRLINES. It took about 6 weeks to get.
Drummer, if you have one that says AA hold on to it.

[ 06-24-2003, 11:22: Message edited by: 757man ]

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info James.Sent my request in about 4 weeks ago.Saw Tom Rooney today.Lives about a block away.Glad to hear you trip was good.
JC

DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
757 MAN: "A picture on the front says TWA retiree "no ramp".

That's odd. My card has no mention whatsoever of TWA.... it simply says "American Airlines - Retiree - No Ramp". Is there more than one type of card??

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got my card yesterday, with the very large TWA next to my picture. It does seem strange that AA would issue an ID that appears ambiguous since there is no longer a TWA with which to identify.

Drummer
Your card was probably one of the early issues and would seem to reflect a more up to date purpose as a current ID.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

It seems as though AA has decided to segregate TWA and AA retirees for ID card purposes. My card, issued months ago, has no mention of TWA but it appears the later ones do. I don't suppose this will be a problem for the limited use we intend for them.

BTW, A few days ago I asked FedEx for the airline discount on a ground shipment package going from NH to CT. They told me, with a smile, that the discount does not apply to ground shipments as they would have to pay me after the discount! So, 75% off air shipments only. The package was delivered the next day for five bucks. Nice service!

Paul

rjtrotta
Post Captain
Member # 2376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjtrotta   Author's Homepage   Email rjtrotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Irish, (Paul)
Re Fedex item, I'm surprised the charge was only $5.00, my local Fedex location
looked up what AA/TWA retirees get and have advised me that there is a minimum of $10.00 to be charged. It is in their computer. Unless you are an active employee, then I guess you get the 75 pct. discount. Who know's anymore. It's like the travel card, mine is with AA Retiree No Ramp emblazoned on it.
I guess we should be thankful that we have an identity card.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Well, Ray, if there is a $10.00 minimum maybe that's the reason the clerk said I didn't want to use my card for a ground shipment.

Re: the ID card...I'm thankful it carries no expiration date.

Paul

Ron
Post Captain
Member # 44

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received my TWA retiree card from AA with the large TWA letters on the front. I called AA employee services and told them that this card will probably have little value since TWA no longer exists. Their answer was very vague, saying that there were several parts of the old TWA that was still in operation, but they would not tell me what parts of TWA still exists. They also told me that since I never worked for AA, I was not entitled to a AA retiree card.

I envy all who received a AA retiree card with the AA logo on the front before they changed the format.

Ron [Frown]

[ 06-25-2003, 09:36: Message edited by: Ron ]

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ron:
I just received my TWA retiree card from AA with the large TWA letters on the front. I called AA employee services and told them that this card will probably have little value since TWA no longer exists. Their answer was very vague, saying that there were several parts of the old TWA that was still in operation, but they would not tell me what parts of TWA still exists. They also told me that since I never worked for AA, I was not entitled to a AA retiree card.

I envy all who received a AA retiree card with the AA logo on the front before they changed the format.

Ron [Frown]

Aloha Ron.

Do you have the AA travel card that was issued to us at the beginning of all this? That certainly should be enough identification to get Hotels, Motels, Rent-a-car places or whatever. Even using your TWA term pass is enough. I found out that so many of these vendors have no clue that TWA is gone. If you are asked why no photo just tell them that they no longer put photo's on as it "cost too much". That has always worked for me. I just went to FEDEX in Honolulu and all they wanted to see was my AA I.D. (the white TWR travel card) and a photo I.D. like D.L. They gave me the discount (except as other posters stated I had a $10.00 min charge) but their service was great. Package left on a Tuesday from HNL..arrived in OAK the next morning. Flew to LAS that afternoon and delivered on Thurs morning (after being trucked down to our remote residence in the middle of nowhere..90 miles So. of LAS).
I really think using any one of your Airline I.D.'s will get you any discount that is afforded to Airline employee's. Did you know that FEDEX did not give our (TWA) retiree's any discount? I tried when we were still TWA so I guess we get one little "perk" we would have not received. Some consolation prize!
Aloha!

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Benay,
I continue to use FedEx and just recently shipped a package for five dollars using my AA retiree card. I think the difference is with the card; if it reflects having retired from TWA, then the minium charge goes to ten dollars. Since I received the earlier card, it has no mention of TWA on it even though I'm a 2000 retiree. FYI, I used FedEx while flying for TWA in the past and always got the discount. Maybe that policy varies from center to center...

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Retav8r:
FYI, I used FedEx while flying for TWA in the past and always got the discount. Maybe that policy varies from center to center... [/QB]

Aloha! You are correct...it is that big TWR that gets them every time.
When we were active TWA'ers we had the discount..it was only when we retired we were no long eligible....but as all things it depended on who the agent was and just how much they paid attention or cared for that matter.

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory