Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » Athens Hotel

Author Topic: Athens Hotel
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a nice, reasonable Athens hotel with an AA discount for a couple of pre-cruise days? I haven't been there since TW880-881 days.

Thanks,
Paul

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always loved the Hilton, its pool and the Cabanas. But it has recently been refurbished and may be expensive. Anybody know Nick's e-mail address?
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by L1011Ret:
Anybody know Nick's e-mail address? [/QB]

If you are referring to "Trans World Forever" Nick
this is it...
nick@nknet.com

Aloha!

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
warthog
Post Captain
Member # 1871

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warthog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the 880/881 days we use to stay also at a few hotels not too far from the airport. They were very inexpensive [ pilot rates!! ]. The town was a suburb of ATH, started with a P but I can't remember the name. I stayed in this area while flying with the USAF Res also. I must admit though the Hilton was great and the roof top buffet out of this world. But TWA was paying for the room, food and "orange juice". GMF Bill Dixon once placed on the board we were drinking entirly too much "orange juice". What great flying then. First Crew I was with was Capt Tom Carrol, this was on our way down to Darr Salam[sp]. Have a great time in ATH Irish.
Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irish..

Have also stayed at the ATH Hilton in the past and vividly remember the marble bathroom in our unit. We loved it.

Here's a link you might find informative. Click onto HOTEL and then of course ATH when you get to that prompt. www.cheaptickets.com

It listed the Hilton with a 195-375 EUR discount rate.

Frank

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes that Orange juice was white. I think crews mistook it for Ouzo. As for Nick I was thinking of long time ATH Ops Nick.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Paul

Captain Ed
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Athenae Hilton is THE PLACE.

Rooftop bar overlooking the Parthenon, lit up at night - sipping Ouzo. It don't get much better than that.

IP: Logged
L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

I remember one short layover Southeast of the airport off the end of the runway. Somewhere about the outer marker. Right on the water and very nice and inexpensive. Not close to town though.

[ 08-17-2003, 15:45: Message edited by: L1011Ret ]

zip
Post Captain
Member # 1662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zip   Email zip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be the village of Glyfada. Very nice, but you had better love jet noise constantly. If you go there, be sure to eat at George's Taverna. And drink lots of Ouzo and Retsina for me.
regards and Oooopah!, George Andre [Cool]

Posts: 68 | From: Ojai, CA and Creve Coeur, MO  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory