Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » A request about Complink

Author Topic: A request about Complink
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Susan Warren, Past Pres. of Silver Wings and I sit on the
Retirees Committee for the bankrutcy with John Gratz, et al. There have
been a myriad of problems that have occurred over the past several months
with COMPLINK resulting in MANY, MANY cancellations of health insurance.

Would you be so kind as to post a message to your members to inform them
that if this has occurred and not been resolved, to please contact me at
alaska@link1st.com as soon as possible. I am compiling a list with name,
address and circumstance of cancellation. Our attorneys are willing to see
what they can do. COMPLINK had a computer error in September and this
resulted in many of the cancellations but they are not accepting any
responsibilty for it. One person sent her check as usual and it was
returned saying she was not in the system; the result? She was cancelled.

Thanks, Jack!
Susan

twaokc
Post Captain
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twaokc   Email twaokc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the increase in the rates for the TWA, Inc. retirees, how many will be able to contuine?
It looks like I will have to drop mine. Anyone else in the same boat?
Any new updates from John Gratz?

757man
Post Captain
Member # 545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 757man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by twaokc:
With the increase in the rates for the TWA, Inc. retirees, how many will be able to contuine?
It looks like I will have to drop mine. Anyone else in the same boat?
Any new updates from John Gratz?

Before you drop the coverage, I suggest you have a cheaper alternative. Do you have one? If so we would all like to know.

This $85 number is not good news, however, I have not been able to find ANYTHING cheaper. would like to!

I currently have the $80 per month sent directly to complink by direct withdrawal from my bank. Has anyone figured out the correct website to stop this. UHC still spells my address wrong after 2 years despite numerous attempts to correct the mistake.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl,

As Jim said, DON"T DROP your insurance unless/until you have a new policy in hand! [Eek!]

Even $85 a month for medical insurance, as bitter as it is, is CHEAP. My son just decided to leave his IT job and a medical policy for him and my grandson will cost $250 - $500 a month depending on coverage with Anthem BC/BC of CT.

Jim,

That's another reason why I hate to/don't allow anyone direct access to my bank accounts. Have you already contacted their direct bill service center at 877-902-9207? If you've had no response I suggest you contact your bank to remove that authority and call Complink's Irving, TX headquarters at 877-722-2667.

Merry Christmas to all,
Paul

[ 12-16-2003, 07:36: Message edited by: Irish ]

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the first section of the Benefits Update there is a "Please Note".

This seems to answer the question of how to handle the situation if you are having your bank make your monthly payments to Complink now.

It would appear we will be getting an Invoice from Ceridian, and there will be a form on the back to continue automatic payments. It doesn't say if this will eliminate the present payment to Complink. Guess I'll have to wait for this other piece of the puzzle.

This new premium is really going to whack a lot of us, especially with the increase in Medicare payments which practically nullified my Social Security COL increase.

I'm curious if this increase only applied to TWA Retirees. Anyone know?

757man
Post Captain
Member # 545

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 757man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Irish:
[QB] Carl,

As Jim said, DON"T DROP your insurance unless/until you have a new policy in hand! [Eek!]

Even $85 a month for medical insurance, as bitter as it is, is CHEAP. My son just decided to leave his IT job and a medical policy for him and my grandson will cost $250 - $500 a month depending on coverage with Anthem BC/BC of CT.

RESPONSE:

Paul,

I just spoke with the 800 447 2000 number. She says Complink will roll my January Payment over to ceridian. Not to worry about my bill until I receive it from Ceridian. Can't say I love the numbers, but they are really cheap compared to the 7000 per year it was costing me per employee 7 years ago.

I asked her how many people were taking the over 65 benefit. I turn 65 in July. She said that is what all her calls have been about today and most people are signing up.

I am not saying there are not better deals possibly available. Just post them so we can all attempt to get cheaper coverage.I know we would all like that.

The dental plan is remaining at 57 per month for my wife and I in florida, but with a 700 cost and a max 2000 benefit for the two of us. I don't know whether I will continue this plan.

Jim,

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I thought I had just received my first communication from anyone about this change, but the envelope from AA contained only two new US Healthcare ID cards, which I hadn't ordered and are different. My member number is no longer my SSN.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jim,

AA's TWA over 65 plan is not a standardized medicare supplement, I'm told. Most people I converse with on these BB's seem to agree that the plan is overpriced (I think I read a $175 a month figure) and not worth the money. Did they quote you a premium?

You don't show your location in your profile but in NH I plan to buy the Anthem BC/BS of NH "F" plan which is about $30 a month cheaper than USAA and remains cheaper than USAA until age 75. In 2003 rates Anthem is $91.02 a month and USAA $117.81 (non-smoker). The 2004 rates remain comparable.

Paul

twaokc
Post Captain
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twaokc   Email twaokc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I thought I had just received my first communication from anyone about this change, but the envelope from AA contained only two new US Healthcare ID cards, which I hadn't ordered and are different. My member number is no longer my SSN.

Paul,
Some states finally got smart and made them take the ssn # off of these cards.
carl

757man
Post Captain
Member # 545

quote:
Originally posted by Irish:
Jim,

AA's TWA over 65 plan is not a standardized medicare supplement, I'm told. Most people I converse with on these BB's seem to agree that the plan is overpriced (I think I read a $175 a month figure) and not worth the money. Did they quote you a premium?

You don't show your location in your profile but in NH I plan to buy the Anthem BC/BS of NH "F" plan which is about $30 a month cheaper than USAA and remains cheaper than USAA until age 75. In 2003 rates Anthem is $91.02 a month and USAA $117.81 (non-smoker). The 2004 rates remain comparable.

Paul

Paul
Spoke with Complink today. they are cancelling my automatic pay on 12/31/03. It works great from my experience. The rate for me on my 65th birthday in Florida would be 160 for me and the 85 for my younger wife. I really haven't looked at the details yet. will keep you advised.
Jim

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory