Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » ACH PAYMENTS

Author Topic: ACH PAYMENTS
twret
Post Captain
Member # 694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twret   Author's Homepage   Email twret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks, but don't beleive a corporation will stop getting your payments....It's your responsibility to stop it at your local bank.

So if you have not done this, I suggest do it the the first day the bank opens for the new year.

Happy New Year

Twret
TWABuddies Manager
www.TWABuddies.group.msn.com

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just spoke to a TWA retiree who called his bank to stop the auto draft from Complink. His bank told him that only Complink could cancel the auto draft, that he had given Complink this power by authorizing the auto draft originally!

Can you imagine that - losing power over your own checking account? This is yet another reason why I refure to give anyone the authority to draft funds from my accounts.

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irish:
I just spoke to a TWA retiree who called his bank to stop the auto draft from Complink. His bank told him that only Complink could cancel the auto draft, that he had given Complink this power by authorizing the auto draft originally!

Can you imagine that - losing power over your own checking account? This is yet another reason why I refure to give anyone the authority to draft funds from my accounts.

Aloha!

Since Complink is no longer the administrator for our insurance do you think they would still continue to deduct our payment? I always received a notification from them around 5 days prior to their deduction that on such a date I would be debited...did not receive it this time. Now that all our records have been (or should have been) transferred to Ceridian it would seem that Complink will no longer send a request for payment to our banks which they have to do before any payment is made from our accounts. Why would they if they are no longer the administrator? Seems it would be fraudulant to take money when they no longer have dealings with AA.

I guess we will soon find out..

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou to all!
Benay

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bank was pretty adamant in stating clearly that the account holder is the only one that can stop an ACH.... or change it. That means ME ... and not Complink.

Whoever said it was the other way around clearly got bad advice from his/her bank... or needs a new banker.

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked my Complink account just now and there has been no activity for 2004.

I also checked my bank account and there has been no payment made to Complink.

Looks like things are going as advertised.

Still waiting for a Ceridian statement though.

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talked to Ceridian this morning and was told they have my records there but they are not in the computer yet.They told me we should receive a letter from them in about 2 weeks and as far as she knew payment had to be made by the end of January.She also said to call them if I didn't hear from them by the 20th.
Ceridian did not receive my correct address from AA even though I moved 7 months ago and changed my address through jetnet.If any one has moved I strongly suggest you contact both AA and Ceridian to make sure they know where to send the bill.I called Ceridian at 800-995-9935. [Confused]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory