Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » Ceridian & Medicare

Author Topic: Ceridian & Medicare
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked Ceridian how to access their site when I begin medicare (May 1st) and decline AA's over-65 policy. Their reply:

"Thank you for visiting Ceridian-Benefits.com Please be advised that your spouse should have her own account at that point. You will need to send an email to cobrasupport@ceridian.com to request to cancel yourself eff 5-1-04, due to medicare eligibilty, and continue coverage for your spouse."

Note that the reply does not specifically state who's SSN should be used to access the site but it seems that my spouses SSN would be appropriate since she would "have her own account".

Any experiences on this point are appreciated.

Paul

Mrs 7-R
Junior Poster
Member # 828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs 7-R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband is the retiree and does not use AA benefits. However, I am still covered in the under 65 class. To access my coverage I use my husbands SSN. If your wife is covered under your SSN (not a retiree in her own right) then I would ASSUME that you would continue using your SSN and password to view the account.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MS 7-R,

I think you're right. It seems logical that I would always be the account holder, regardless of whether I participate or not. Yet another bit of confusion from AA/Ceridian. Sigh...

Paul

Mrs 7-R
Junior Poster
Member # 828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs 7-R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We received the statement for March coverage for me yesterday and it was addressed to my husband. However, it did make reference to the fact that the $85.00 owed was for "Dependent Medical" coverage.
Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was already in the over 65 bracket, with a child bride under that age (!) when they changeover to Ceridian took place.

They recognize my SS# to access the account which is in my name but only covers my wife.

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same for me, my spouse is under my account as a dependent even though I elected not to go for AA's over 65 medical for myself.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Thank you all for the replies. Is there anything special I need to do with Ceridian prior to May 1st or just reduce my payment to $85?
smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received this note from my inside source....

Smilin' Jack

A clarification I would like to make, some of the members indicate they will
be reaching that magic moment, age 65 this year. If any members wish to
change the level of their coverage, ie. drop a benefit for one or more in
the family, they need to tell Ceridian who is dropping. Ceridian has been
instructed not to "assume" the change based on the amount of premium paid.
Ceridian will probably return the payment as insufficient and request
clarification. So, it would be better to include a note indicating what
they are paying for and what they are not paying for.
For instance, they need to advise Ceridian that since they are age 65 but
their spouse is still under age 65, they are making payment for spouse only
and cancelling their over age 65 coverage.
Under our TWA plan, a retiree had to specifically enroll in the over age 65
plan because we had to get their approval to deduct the premium from their
pension benefit. However, now since they are already paying a premium,
enrollment in the over 65 plan is automatic.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

That's very helpful, Jack. It then appears that I remain the account holder, advise Ceridian that I'm cancelling my coverage and retaining my spouse's under-65 coverage. I wonder how I would have known that without the resources of this terrific forum.

BTW, may I ask the perspective of your source? Is he/she Ceridian, AA or None of the Above?

Thank you,
Paul

CROBINSON
Junior Poster
Member # 2406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CROBINSON   Email CROBINSON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone that is frustrated with Ceridian, say aye! I just mailed my Feb. invoice certified/return receipt requested because the automatic bank withdrawal form hasn't been processed. I mailed the payment on 2/25/04 & the grace period expires 3/02/04. Now I can fret about whether the payment reaches them in time.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

This is an e-mail response from AA Employee Services:

My question: On May 1st I will become a Medicare participant and do not plan to purchase AA's post-65 insurance. My spouse will remain in the under-65 program. Ceridian says that the account will transfer to her and that her SSN must be used to access their benefits site. That doesn't seem correct to me. Will you explain what I can expect with invoicing and website access on May 1st? Thanks.

AA's answer: You are correct. Most other clients move all the information over to the person who is being covered, however, AA does not. All coverage remains under your SSN, all eligibility will be sent under your SSN showing her with coverage.

Ceridian's call center is still learning AA's guidelines. When your birthdate gets closer you will receive a letter from Ceridian that states - you will move into the O65 plan, if you do not wish this coverage you must contact them at that time and let them know specifically what you are canceling and what you are keeping.

Paul

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My spouse, a furloughed f/a is paying $10.00 to fund "supplemental" insurance. My understanding is the $5.00 is for her and $5.00 is for me. But the "supplemental" only raises the max coverage several hundred thousand dollars. I'm on Medicare and have an AARP supplemental policy. I have no medical coverage with AA. However I am still receiving medications through Medco and paying for retiree dental. It appears the supplemental is supplementing AA's income. Anyone with a similar problem or knowledge thereof?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory