Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » ZED Load Factors

Author Topic: ZED Load Factors
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know any way to determine load factors for non-rev travel on ZED airlines other than calling the airline directly?

Thanks,
Paul

Tom Leffingwell
Junior Poster
Member # 2716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leffingwell   Email Tom Leffingwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several of the airlines have a "check available seats" on their website. I have found it fairly accurate on Northwest and on American it is much more accurate than Jetnet.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Tom, and also to Jack E. who replied privately.

Paul

Ron
Post Captain
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try http://www.flyzed.com/ where login is AAL and password is 001. You have to use numbers for the date where June 5th would be 06 05. On the right side there will be some smiles or frowns as to the chance of getting on. [Smile] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]
Sorry, no actual space availability numbers.

Ron

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ron,

Great site as it lists all flights and times. Is it correct to assume though that there are only two smiley faces, frown and straight face? I pulled up a couple of HP flights that I knew were wide open and the Zed site showed them with a straight face. (Guess I was expecting to see a smile!) [Smile]

Don

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Yeah, I have a problem with the smileys also. They're small, in red and hard to read. (Poor, old tired eyes?). And, yes, no upturned smile, just a straight line and a frown.

Ok, lets delve into this closer. Pauline and I think we'd like to take a Rhine/Danube river cruise when our poodle passes on. (He's fifteen and not good at all in a kennel and we just won't put him through that any more).

So, I looked at BOS-FRA flights on FlyZED and the first one listed is a United flight operated by Lufthansa. As you know we qualify for the ZED on LH but not on UAL. Any ideas on how this would be handled?

I asked LH, on their site, for the price of two economy, R/T tickets on tomorrow's flight BOS-FRA and the cost is 4702.20 Euro's - $5770.87! Are you kidding me??? Orbitz wants $5778!

I'm thinking that the $1400 (for two people) over the cruise cost charged by Viking River Cruises for positive space is the best deal by far.

BTW, Orbitz showed the seat plan and indicated there were about 40 open seats.

Paul

Salt
Junior Poster
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Salt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,
Since I always look to you as our resident expert, I'm a bit reluctant to reply. We usually have to use the ZED agreement with the airline that actually flies the particular leg. In your case LH is the operating carrier so you would be eligible to fly BOS-FRA using the the TWR ZED agreement with LH. The only exceptions are where an affiliate carrier is listed under our TWR agreement for a particular airline. I.E. Mesaba is listed as an affiliate of NW and you are ticketed (ZED) using the NW code even though NW is not the operating carrier.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of your retiree friends. I've learned a lot from you!
Bob

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[

So, I looked at BOS-FRA flights on FlyZED and the first one listed is a United flight operated by Lufthansa. As you know we qualify for the ZED on LH but not on UAL. Any ideas on how this would be handled?
Paul [/qb][/QUOTE]

PAUL,
LH HAS TWO BOS-FRA FLIGHTS EACH EVENING.(THEY BOTH HAVE LH FLIGHT NUMBERS)AND THEY ARE OPERATED BY LH AND UA HAS THE CODE SHARE.
IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND UA WAS THE OPERATING CARRIER, I DON'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO USE A LH ZED ON THEM.
I HAVE MENTIONED BEFORE ON THIS SITE THAT LH HAS A POLICY THAT ALLLOWS ZED'S TO USE F/A REST SEATS (NO QUALIFICATION REQUIRED)ON LH FLIGHTS SCD. MY WIFE AND I HAVE USED THIS OURSELVES BOS-FRA.
CALL ME IF YOU WISH AT 239-481-8981 FOR MORE DETAILS.
NICKLAS

[ 06-06-2005, 16:04: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by Salt:
Paul,
Since I always look to you as our resident expert, I'm a bit reluctant to reply. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of your retiree friends. I've learned a lot from you!
Bob

Bob, the only reason I'm an "expert", something I would emphatically deny, is that I spend too damn much time at this computer! [Big Grin] But, I'm happy it helps.

Dick, thank's for the reminder. It may very well prove helpful in the future.

Paul

Ron
Post Captain
Member # 44

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron   Email Ron   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,
I pulled up some flights out of MSP and I got a lot of Smileys. [Smile]
Ron

DRUMMER
Post Captain
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRUMMER   Email DRUMMER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul... I think the comments about LH are correct. Here in Santa Barbara, I use ZEDs frequently on UA Express since they're actually flown by Skywest, which offers TWRs ZEDs. I just pick up the ticket at AA(Eagle)ATO, walk across the hall to UA and, away I go. UA isn't great about sharing load data, however.

Have you considered an ID20 on AA? Supposedly it's for positive space on any 'published' fare.

Good Luck!

Alan

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory