Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » BA ZED

Author Topic: BA ZED
Gloriaswansong
Junior Poster
Member # 2552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gloriaswansong   Email Gloriaswansong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if BA ZED applies to Africa? I'd like to go to Capetown, but BA is shown only in
the European section in the trip book.

Gloria

Tom Hoskins
spider
Member # 1259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Hoskins   Email Tom Hoskins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Jetnet and the ZED link and put in the city pairs. It should give you the flights and fare.
Enjoy SA.

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gloriaswansong:
Does anyone know if BA ZED applies to Africa? I'd like to go to Capetown, but BA is shown only in
the European section in the trip book.

Gloria

Aloha!

I find the easiest and most accurate way to find information is to call the 1-888-933-5922 and press option 3. The staff at the non-rev desk has always been most helpful and accomodating.

They will even price it for you so you will have the exact cost. I just called them yesterday for a zed fare on UA.

Have fun!

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Tom Hoskins
spider
Member # 1259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Hoskins   Email Tom Hoskins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found BA LHR-CPT for $63 one way. I am going to attempt to send you the link on ZED Email.
Tom Hoskins
spider
Member # 1259

Woops, no email in your profile.
Don Capt Skypig Foldy
Post Captain
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Capt Skypig Foldy   Email Don Capt Skypig Foldy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spider:

RR you (no pun intented) the RR whistle Capt I've flown as co-P with??

Posts: 1222 | From: "behind the cyclic, below the clouds"  |  IP: Logged
Tom Hoskins
spider
Member # 1259

DCSF,
Not me but I remember who you are talking about. I can't come up with his name now but will post when I do. Possibly Markt Meyers or Tex Leudke (sp)???
Tom TWASPIDER

Tom Leffingwell
Junior Poster
Member # 2716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leffingwell   Email Tom Leffingwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The RR whistle Captain could have been Larry O'Day.
Don Capt Skypig Foldy
Post Captain
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Capt Skypig Foldy   Email Don Capt Skypig Foldy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thinkin he was a tall (not saying much there compared to meee) white-haired fellow. thought he lived out in/near CO...maybe KC.
Posts: 1222 | From: "behind the cyclic, below the clouds"  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me the whistle blower had the first name of Tom. I think he always asked the passengers to peddle real hard.

Please tolerate a little story about another train whistle on TWA property.

Those whe flew with me for the last 20 years of my time with TWA might remember that I always wore a train engineer's cap (Oshkosh no less)while flying. They were great for keeping the sun off the ol' head. One year my wife gave me a train whistle to go with the cap and even though I carried it around I was never brave enough to blow it over the PA.

I did blow it once. One time we had a terrible time getting a 747 backed off the gate after a big ice storm in NY. After much slipping and sliding and starting one outboard engine we finally got the tug going in the right direction. To celebrate our successful effort I blew the train whistle into the interphone and then transmitted "all aboard". The mechanic was unimpressed and made his feelings very clear. Captain Carr was thoroughly chastised and never blew the whistle again.

Did I digress?

Dave Carr

[ 08-20-2005, 15:59: Message edited by: dave carr ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory