Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » AA Travel Benefit

Author Topic: AA Travel Benefit
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gents,

There is an e-mail making the rounds stating that your AA travel privileges will be revoked on January 1, 2007 if you don’t reconfirm a consent agreement that appears only if and when you access the non-rev travel planner on Jetnet.

Not so. The warning states that: <quote> * If you decline this agreement your travel privileges will be revoked January 1, 2007.<unquote>

Note the key words, “IF you DECLINE…”

Happy travels,

Paul

bguels
Junior Poster
Member # 2906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bguels   Email bguels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just pulled up Jetnet on Nov 25th. Go to the Jetnet Check-in tab and click on it. A window will pop up asking you to either agree or decline and then submit electronically. If you dont do this by Dec 31st all travel privleges will be revoked effective Jan 1, 2007. I suggest you agree and submit.
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Appears to be another example of inept management to have put something like this out in the first place. Ah I have been retired 5 years now and nothing has changed. Roger Moore
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Moore:
Appears to be another example of inept management to have put something like this out in the first place. Ah I have been retired 5 years now and nothing has changed. Roger Moore

Me thinks "Much Ado About Nothing". It seems that every year I get a consent agreement from my bank, my credit card company, my stock broker, my ISP, ad infinitum; and I sign them all without giving it a thought.

And now the company which gives me, under no obligation on their part, one of the greatest travel benefits imaginable, wants me to sign an agreement that I will abide by the rules when I exercise the privilege that they have freely given me.

And we quibble about it. Are we nuts?

Regards,

Nicklas

[ 11-28-2006, 08:21: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick

All these postings might seem to fit in the "quibble" definition but I get the impression that we all just want to avoid any problem caused by this new procedure requiring an acceptance through the pop up window. My only concern is that I punch the "accept" button and get credit for doing so. I do accept the terms and conditions and don't want to have some problem with my non rev travel caused by a computer snafu. Fortunately I did receive the pop up window -actually twice- and both times selected the "accept" option. Hopefully there will be no problem.

I'm fortunate to also have non rev travel provided with another airline. They use a Jetnet type website and prior to allowing me to connect to their non-rev site I have to check the box that shows that I accept the conditions. That actually takes all the confusion out of the process.

Also I do agree with you. The travel passes are wonderful and I'm very appreciative. I just wish that we were boarded prior to the D3s.

Dave Carr

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick,

I have to agree with most posters who are concerned about the wording of this; it is somewhat ambiguous although, like Paul has pointed out, the key phrase is "if you decline." If there's no need to accept these conditions in the first place, then why have this option to accept on the website? And, how about those individuals who for one reason or another are either out of the country and/or don't have computer access and possibly in the dark about this. Are they going to get 'shafted' somehow?

I hardly think that these concerns amount to quibbling nor do I agree that AA has granted us one of the greatest travel benefits imaginable. Sure, it's nice to have some of these travel benefits but we worked our entire careers to earn them. And, unless I'm mistaken, these benefits, such as they are, were agreed to as part of the pre-packaged bankruptcy negotiations. I don't think AA would have given us anything if they could have gotten away with it! I think our boarding priority (for those of us that retired prior to '01) leaves a lot to be desired. I've missed getting on more than one flight because of AA's buddies boarding ahead of me. Like Dave though, I too have passes on another airline (HP/US)through my son and use them whenever possible now.
[Razz]

Don

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends,

It’s time to put this issue to bed. After an hour + wait for AMR Human Resources I spoke with Becky, today, December 4, 2006, and confirmed that there is no way to lose your travel privileges other than clicking the button to DECLINE the consent form. There is NO deadline to read or complete the pop-up form. If you a not a Jetnet participant you will receive a letter to return indicating your acceptance or declination of the form.

So, RELAX and have a Merry Little Christmas!

Paul

jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There IS a deadline, be careful:

Travel Authorization and Consent - Due by December 31

When employees are initially eligible for travel privileges they are asked to agree to the rules in the TRIP Book and authorize AA to collect NRSA charges. In a continuing effort to electronically store information, the Jetnet Travel System now houses the Authorization and Consent information in the Authorized Traveler Database (ATD).

All active employees and former employees with travel privileges are asked to reconfirm they have reviewed the travel policies, agree to the Authorization and Consent terms and electronically sign the document. These terms acknowledge all employees and travelers will abide by the policies in the TRIP Book as well as continue to allow AA to collect NRSA charges in the same manner done today. After authorizing and electronically signing the Authorization and Consent, the information will be stored in the ATD.

If you have not already "Accepted" the terms and conditions, visit the Non-Rev Travel Planner (NRTP) page or Jetnet Check-in (JCI) to display the pop-up. All employees and former employees with travel privileges must “Accept” or “Decline“ the terms by December 31, 2006. If you have not “Accepted” the terms by the deadline of December 31, your travel privileges will be revoked on January 1, 2007. The terms and agreement pop-up will continue to display when you access either Non-Rev Travel Planner (NRTP) page or Jetnet Check-in (JCI).

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jeff is right. On December 5, 2006 AA changed the "rules" of the game with the following notice:

"What is the deadline for accepting the terms?
All employees and former employees with travel privileges must "Accept" or "Decline" the terms by December 31, 2006.

What happens if I decline the terms?
If you have not "Accepted" the terms by the deadline of December 31, your travel privileges will be revoked on January 1, 2007. The terms and agreement pop-up will continue to display when you access either Non-Rev Travel Planner (NRTP) page or Jetnet Check-in (JCI)."

Although I am getting tired of trusting these duplicitous people, they did not say that travel privileges would be permanently revoked, so that may help people who don't see this notice in time.

Paul

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just call Employee Services,they will tell you if you accepted.

[ 12-13-2006, 14:21: Message edited by: DC9 ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory