Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » Insurance premiums

Author Topic: Insurance premiums
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Premiums for TWA retiree Medical insurance will no longer be paid to Cerdian.Payflex will be the new billing administrator effective June 1st.
L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ceridian was the most difficult billing outfit I ever had to deal with. Good riddance.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've received nothing from PayFlex. Typical last-minute, panic-filled bureaucratic nonsense. I did send an email to AA HR Chat this morning.

Paul

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just received the information from PayFlex todaym May 27, 2008 and the invoice I received was for Dental only. This bill did NOT include MEDICAL for spouse as it should have.

Wonder, if I will get a separate bill for Medical.??

Another envelope came with info and form for automatic deduction.

Anyone else have this problem??

Bob

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you called Payflex about this problem?
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,

Didn't take the dental.

My PayFlex invoice and the letter with the auto pay form arrived today, three days before the due date!!! I'd like to meet the idiot who couldn't get this done in April for June 1st or in May for July 1st!!

Since my first auto-pay won't take effect until July 8th I am also sending a check for June 1 tomorrow.

Paul

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did call PayFlex and had them verify my information. They showed the same as I was billed...Dental, no medical. I gave them my info and they said they would notify AA HR but I should call them myself and explain. PayFlex answered very close to immediately with a live person and she (Linda) was very courteous and helpful, however, she had difficulty in finding me in their system, in spite of my giving her the new I.D. number on my PayFlex bill. She said her listings were by name and she had difficulty in spelling my name correctly.

I then called AA HR and they filed a report on the descrepancy and told me I should contact PayFlex because the info PayFlex received on all of us came from Ceridian!

I sent my normal payment by check to PayFlex with a cover letter explaining the billing error and requested verification of a fix. I will delay any automatic payments until all is resolved.

I have been fighting with Ceridian ever since they took over some time back and they just don't seem to be able to get their act together and if my case is any indication, I think this is the reason for AA dumping them.

Oh Well, another exercise for Alzheimer's Disease Prevention.

Bob

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Bob,

Sorry to hear you're having all this trouble. But, like you say, it keeps your mind active.

I spoke with Jennifer at PayFlex this morning (very pleasant) and asked about a web portal where we could check our accounts. she said they're working on it and hope to have something for us in mid-August.

I wonder if AA got so ticked off at Ceridian for some particular reason that this was all done on VERY short notice.

Paul

ernieh
Post Captain
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ernieh   Email ernieh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW The number on my PayFlex statement identfies only that billing. Nowhere did any other reference number appear.

Called PayFlex and they tried to find me by AA ID number, but nothing came up. They found me only by SS number.

So it appears that your account number is your SS number. Great security?

rjtrotta
Post Captain
Member # 2376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjtrotta   Author's Homepage   Email rjtrotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guy's...."I'M BACK".......
I've gotten in touch with AARP and they are sending me info on all the plans they offer (A-J)
They DO NOT however, OFFER DENTAL. Can anyone offer their suggestions on that portion of the insurance problem? Would I be able to retain ONLY the dental plan from AA and give up the medical portion ???
I know I'm a big pain...but if one doesn't ask, one doesn't learn. Right?
Thanks again for your help.
Ray

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

I am on Medicare and have the AA dental insurance only.
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rjtrotta:
Hi Guy's...."I'M BACK".......
I've gotten in touch with AARP and they are sending me info on all the plans they offer (A-J)
They DO NOT however, OFFER DENTAL. Can anyone offer their suggestions on that portion of the insurance problem? Would I be able to retain ONLY the dental plan from AA and give up the medical portion ???
I know I'm a big pain...but if one doesn't ask, one doesn't learn. Right?
Thanks again for your help.
Ray

Ray. I have not been with AA's medical for several years [I have AARP] but have maintained their Dental...my premium is $33.02 monthly. It will now be auto-pay via PayFlex beginning July.

FYI all. Do not forget to cancel with Ceridan if you used their auto-pay or they will continue to deduct your monthly payment.

Contact Customer Service via
phone at 1-800-877-7994 Monday-Friday from 8 A.M- 8 P.M. EST.

e-mail address...continuant.services@ceridian.com

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
rjtrotta
Post Captain
Member # 2376

Icon 7 posted      Profile for rjtrotta   Author's Homepage   Email rjtrotta   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear XHNLEIC,
Thank you for your reply. I contacted Ceridian
and they assured me I was cancelled from their
EFT. I'm awaiting the AARP info and will check it out then contact PayFlex to advise I just wish to continue with the dental plan. I'll let you know how I make out.
Thank's again.
Gratefully,
Ray Trotta [Smile]

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just spoke with Connie at PayFlex and found that my Wife was billed separately for her medical at our previous mailing address (almost 2 years ago) and that her account showed no payment received for June 2008. (of course, never got the bill). I was billed at my current address for Dental + 1 only, but I sent the correct amount for my total premium along with a cover letter requesting PayFlex to correct my account. The took my money but no correction was made to my PayFlex account. I now have requested the change to correct information again via telephone and will have to wait and see. Again, my wife was billed separately for June and I was billed separately.

I also found out that the Participant I.D. number that is printed on the Payflex automatic contribution payment form is NOT working for them and Connie said to use the Last 4 digits of Soc. Sec. Number followed by AA or AMR as your Participant number when submitting the form.

That is all, folks! for today.

Granite
Post Captain
Member # 1876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Granite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another heads up concerning the insurance admin changeover especially if you haven't checked to see if you're in the PayFlex system. I sent the June premium and the auto pay form to PayFlex the day after I received the notice, May 28th. I called last week to ensure the auto pay was in force and discovered they could find no record of me whatsoever in their system. This after a postal receipt indicating arrival of my forms, and cashing my check for the premium. They suggested I call AA employee services, which I did and supposedly the fix is in. I'm to check with PayFlex this week to verify. Jack Go Celtics!!
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Whole system is really screwed up. [Confused]
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jack,

You should not be in the Payflex system - only Martha. They have no record of me but found Pauline in the system using her name and SSN. They've credited her account for the June premium and said she was set up for direct withdrawal in July.

C's win Tuesday!!! Ray Allen and Paul Pierce Co-MVP's. [Cool]

Paul

Granite
Post Captain
Member # 1876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Granite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point Paul, thanks. Should have thunk it myself since her name is on the premium notice. I called again and all the info was indeed there in her name and SSN, not mine. Makes sense except for no reference whatever to the former employee, you would think there would be a tie-in with the source of coverage. What about Garnett, he's been more consistent than Allen in the playoff's. Celtics in 6. Jack
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Jack,

Glad you found the account.

Garnett was lost in game 5 without Kendrick Perkins. They say Perkins' shoulder is better and that he'll play tonight. Should take some of the load off Garnett but Allen has been strong in the last three games. C's bench will make the difference. [Eek!]

Paul

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Celtics. AWESOME!!! [Cool] [Eek!]

Red Sox

Patriots

Life is wonderful in Beantown.

LA Captain
Junior Poster
Member # 1893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LA Captain   Email LA Captain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have a phone # for Payflex--so far no automatic payment for July! and no web site.
DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

1-866-738-3659
LA Captain
Junior Poster
Member # 1893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LA Captain   Email LA Captain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the # Jim. Payflex said the auto payments are not processed until the 8th of the month. So not to worry -YET- if the system starts correctly. Fast to answer and a nice improvement.
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

On July 5th I received my second invoice from PayFlex which now reflects billing for Dental + 1 (myself and spouse). It shows receipt of my check for full premium for medical and dental for June but they credited me through Sept for Dental + 1 ONLY. No medical. I called them July 7th and they still have my wife in a separate account and deliquent on premium for June! I called American HR..twenty minute wait. I "chatted" with HR and they said they would submit correction. I was told this over a month ago, also. I then looked up my Benefits coverages under Jetnet.aa.com under the NEW Health & Benefits page and it shows as of 4/1/08, NO coverage for Medical or Prescriptions for my Wife! I suggest all you check your Health and Benefits under that new website and make corrections. It shows your personal data which can be updated. I also checked Beneficiaries and NONE were listed in spite of my sending beneficiary changes in after retirement. Right now I am very frustrated and impatient as far as I can tell, my wife is no longer covered. If she is not covered then I believe that American is violating ERISA laws and certainly any agreement we had with AA. I think TARPA needs to research this and find out for all of us, just what the hell is going on. I Think it is more than just a change in Premium Administrators.

Bob Willcutts

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Here is a link to the Texas Department of Insurance Complain Form.

https://wwwapps.tdi.state.tx.us/inter/perlroot/consumer/complform/complform.html

PayFlex cannot fix the problem, American MUST make any changes and send them to PayFlex.

Bob Willcutts

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New question...I just called PayFlex to confirm that they received payment from the bank for my wife's insurance, since I bank electronically and wanted to make sure that all was okay. I used a participant ID number that was shown on the first statement that I received from them but was told by the agent that the only ID number that they use is the SSN. Obviously, the other number that I used worked okay but now I'm wondering what everyone else is using?? I really dislike the use of a SSN for identificaion of an account.
Thanks, Don

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory