Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » PayFlex Billing Problem

Author Topic: PayFlex Billing Problem
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted July 20, 2008 11:10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of July 15, 2008, PayFlex is now billing me for Dental + 1 for my wife and myself and they are billing (separately) my wife for her medical. I have sent two checks for my total premiums with explanations each time, I have notified American HR several times and now PayFlex has changed my wife to the correct address. I have received no replies to mhy emails, my chats, nor phone calls. Now I am trying to get ONE invoice sent. My most recent invoices show that OUR Dental is paid up thru November and HER medical is in arrears for June and July.

I have been trying to get this billing snafu fixed since May 2008.

If I do not receive proper answers on Monday July 21, 2008, I will file my long complaint with the Insurance Commisioner of Texas.

Bob Willcutts

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hank et al,

Here is the Texas Commissioner of Insurnace link to their Consumer Complaint Form which you can fill in and send in on line or mail or fax:

Consumer Complaint Form

I sent my 14 page document to them July 23, 2008 after my patience with American and PayFlex ran out with no responses from either except that it would take 7-10 days for a change or up to 6 weeks etc.

If enought of us sent in complaints, maybe American would get this changeover to PayFlex corrected immediately.

Based on what PayFlex supervisor read to me from her computer screen...American forbids PayFlex from making any changes period! They are to to put some requests on "HOLD". I am getting the impression that American is trying to screw the TWA Retirees again and hope to get rid of us completely.

Bob Willcutts
662-238-7806
capnbobby@bellsouth.net

[ 07-25-2008, 09:09: Message edited by: Bob Willcutts ]

Carl Straub
Junior Poster
Member # 2238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Straub   Email Carl Straub   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I just received a letter from AA HR saying "I'm behind with payflex" etc. In the same mail came my bill from payflex stating I'm in "direct deposit" and my next premium will be taken out 8/8/08.
This all happened Friday. Will call AA (per instructions) next week and see what they say.
Carl Straub
carlstraub@charter.net
PS. Medicare is great.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl,

Your experience exactly matches mine. I'm calling Monday the 28th also.

Paul

Posts: 1539 | From: Hampton, NH and Naples, FL  |  IP: Logged
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Gentlemen,

I have a good friend who has 30 plus years in Human Resources and she told me that there is no excuse for what is going on with us. She is the one that advised me to send a complaint to the Insurance Commissioner, which I have done. I have also sent a written letter of dismay to American HR in Dallas with attachments. I suggest that if we all complained to the Commissioner something would then get done.

Very frustrated,
Bob Willcutts

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

After many weeks of emails, chats, letters, and phone calls I finally received some minor resolution to my on going billing problem with PayFlex. In my case, my spouse is under 65 and has the TWA Retiree under 65 Medical plan. I do not have any AA medical (over 65) with a USAA Medicare Supplemental. We both have AA Dental. I received a call from AA HR this Wednesday and she explained that with this new billing system, the only way AA could transfer data to the system was to create separate account for the spouse. She gets separate billing and has her own account on the PayFlex Website etc. American HR is working to get the billing back to the way it was, one bill per household. Mean while, separate bills and one should send in separate checks for each account.

PayFlex has finally posted my last three payments appropriately to our separate accounts.
I will now make two payments per month, one for my account and one for hers.

I strongly suggested that HR place their explanation on Jetnet so all of us would have access to this information instead of some of us having to continuously contact HR and PayFlex and receive useless explanations! She stated they are taking all the suggestions seriously and will try to rectify. (Don’t like that word).

Hope this helps others.

Bob

bguels
Junior Poster
Member # 2906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bguels   Email bguels   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one am quite pleased with Psyflex. I really like the two invoices, one for my wife (under 65 and on AAL medical) and one for both of us for the Dental. You will find out that when your spouse is 65,,,you just delete the medical or just dont pay and that both of you still have the dental...can you imagine the confusion when you call payflex if they go to only one invoice per household and explain to them you want to cx your spouses medical but keep the dental for both of you...for one I like the two invoice system and know if will be much easier next year when my wife turns 65 to simply drop her medical with AAL..anything else will be a nightmare as I had with Ceridian (one statement)..When I spoke to Ceridian and told them to just delete me from the AAL medical they also deleted the Dental...speaking of a headache. I hope Payflex continues the two invoice system..I pay 2x a year and it is great
L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am more than glad to be out of Ceridian. I never had so much difficulty with a billing service.
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

quote:
Originally posted by bguels:
I for one am quite pleased with Psyflex. I really like the two invoices, one for my wife (under 65 and on AAL medical) and one for both of us for the Dental. You will find out that when your spouse is 65,,,you just delete the medical or just dont pay and that both of you still have the dental...can you imagine the confusion when you call payflex if they go to only one invoice per household and explain to them you want to cx your spouses medical but keep the dental for both of you...for one I like the two invoice system and know if will be much easier next year when my wife turns 65 to simply drop her medical with AAL..anything else will be a nightmare as I had with Ceridian (one statement)..When I spoke to Ceridian and told them to just delete me from the AAL medical they also deleted the Dental...speaking of a headache. I hope Payflex continues the two invoice system..I pay 2x a year and it is great

Bill, I appreciate your comments and views and I agree with the above, however, my problem began when I only received one bill from PayFlex and that was for OUR DENTAL only. It took me over two months to find out that my wife's bill for her under 65 Medical was being sent to our OLD ADDRESS of over a year before. Meanwhile my one payment for all premiums was being credited to my account and hers showed in arrears. This whole thing was a change in our billing and was not spelled out in the letter from AA nor PayFlex. It was and is American's problem and should not have happened. If they were planning to make separate accounts they should have explained that to us. By the way have you tried to access your Wife's Account on AA Jet Net Benefits Service Center?? NOT PAYFLEX but AA's Benefits Service Center?? If you are successful, please advise me how to do it. American tells me I cannot access her account.

Frats, Bob Willcutts

[ 08-17-2008, 10:16: Message edited by: Bob Willcutts ]

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had similar problems with Ceridian when my wife was on furlough an d I was paying for her medical coverage as a retired TWA pilot. There were big billing problems. When my wife returned to the line in July of last year Ceridian could not understand that she was again an employee paying for her own coverage. I had paid a year in advance and they kept taking coverage out of my account despite her paying for her own. They would not give me my money back. Essentially they were committing fraud. I tried phone call after phone call. Nothing. I tried e-mails repeatively. Nothing. Eventually I tried the blizzard approach, sending multiple e-mails daily. After about two months of threats to write the Insurance commisioner of Florida they refunded what was due me. From my point of view it was fraud and lies. I do not miss Ceridian at all. Matter of fact they did me a favor moving me in deciding for Medicare and an AARP suplement. Best thing that has happened to me. No more e-mails and long times spent of the phone with United Healthcare.
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well my fellow retirees, after four loooooong months of phone calls, letters, emails, and chats to both AA HR and PayFlex, it would appear that PayFlex FINALLY has settled and corrected my account as well as my wife's. The correction finally came together on Sept 16th, one day AFTER the latest bills went out so my October bill is still not correct, but the account reflects correct informtion on the PayFlex web site.

One other retiree that I know of has had similar problem as mine and his is now corrected as of Sept 19th.

FYI, the State of Texas has NO jurisdiction over our retiree benefits (Insurance Commission) as AA is a "self insured" company. We would have to complain to the Department of Labor.

If you or anyone else has a problem with PayFlex, feel free to contact me and I will try to help.

Bob Willcutts

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Well my fellow retirees, after four loooooong months of phone calls, letters, emails, and chats to both AA HR and PayFlex, it would appear that PayFlex FINALLY has settled and corrected my account as well as my wife's. The correction finally came together on Sept 16th, one day AFTER the latest bills went out so my October bill is still not correct, but the account reflects correct informtion on the PayFlex web site.

One other retiree that I know of has had similar problem as mine and his is now corrected as of Sept 19th.

FYI, the State of Texas has NO jurisdiction over our retiree benefits (Insurance Commission) as AA is a "self insured" company. We would have to complain to the Department of Labor.

If you or anyone else has a problem with PayFlex, feel free to contact me and I will try to help.

Bob Willcutts

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,

Your resolution certainly is welcome news. Sorry it took so long!

Paul

Posts: 1539 | From: Hampton, NH and Naples, FL  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory