Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » New UHC Registration

Author Topic: New UHC Registration
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, All!

Perhaps I can save you all some time with this message, typed with one hand as I recover from rotator cuff surgery. [Razz]

I am on Medicare and Pauline is on AA under 65. She just received a new "Welcome to UHC" ID card with a new subscriber number.

A call to AMR/UHC revealed that I, as the subscriber, have been wacked, rubbed out, etc. As of 4/1/08 I am gone, out of the picture. Pauline is the sole subscriber and the sole insured.

All of her claim history prior to 9/1/08 will be available on myuhc.com using the existing user ID and password which are associated with old subscriber number.

To view claims after 9/1/08 it will be necessary to register on myuhc.com using the new subscriber number and create a new user ID and password. [Mad]

Paul

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i got wiped out when I picked Medicare and an AARP supplement for myself. Spouse Carol wanted to stay with UHC, so I paid her premiums. I've already detailed the difficulties I had with Ceridian over this. Glad to be out. Hope they do not give you too much static.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Oh! Another screw-up. I called UHC to ask about coverage and was told my wife's policy was terminated on April 1st. This, after I logged in using my wife's new subscriber number.

Also, when I successfully logged in to the website using the new number all her claims were gone.

I called AA on the 800 447-2000 number and found that they will have to reinstate her with UHC. Should take 24-48 hours. Sigh.....

Paul

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Well, UHC told me today that AMR screwed up and issued new UHC ID numbers in error. So now it's back to the doctors and have them revert back to the old number.

Considering the lack of interest in this topic I can only conclude that most of you have spouses that have "graduated" from the under-65 ranks and this topic no longer applies.

Paul

Slicer
Junior Poster
Member # 580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Paul

Thanks for all the info postings. We are in your category with me over 65 and not in the AMR over 65 plan and the young chick I am married to under 65. She also got new IDs from Medco and UHC with new numbers that don't work.

I have been on the phone with AA HR and am now in the "24-48 hour" period of the service request. As of now am locked out of both UHC and MEDCO websites.

Not sure if there any use in calling either UHC or MEDCO customer service numbers.

Charlie

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

More fallout from the AMR healthcare screw-up. Pauline's Medco account was terminated October 25th because of "a change in eligibility status". We learned this after being refused entry into the Medco website.

I spoke to Veronica at AMR HR 800 447-2000, she verified Pauline's eligibility, contacted Medco and promised that Pauline would be restored to full benefits in 24-48 hours.

...add the hits keep comin'

Paul

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going through the same BS right now.They sure can screw up everything.
Jim Crosson

LA Captain
Junior Poster
Member # 1893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LA Captain   Email LA Captain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strange?? no problem here yet with the NEW UHC #. I called when we received my wife's new # and cards and was told we had to use it.
dsaaks
Junior Poster
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaaks   Email dsaaks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,
Same problem with Rhonda's Medco. One does
David not become aware of any problem until ordering or picking up medications. A long phone call to AA HR took care of the problem on the spot. No such problem with UHC.

dsaaks
Junior Poster
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaaks   Email dsaaks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correcting typo.

Paul,
Same problem with Rhonda's Medco. One does
not become aware of any problem until ordering or picking up medications. A long phone call to AA HR took care of the problem on the spot. No such problem with UHC.

David

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having the same problem evidently as everyone else with regard my wife's prescriptons. Prior to the new year, I called in for a refill. Shortly after the first I called back and the auto system stated that the prescription was being filled. Now, a week later, the messsage is that she no longer has coverage(she's under 65). Is the number given above (800-447-2000)still the right number to call to rectify this? Anything that I have to know to answer any questions raised? I just tried to call but will have to try again during normal business hours.
Thanks

[ 01-08-2009, 19:22: Message edited by: Retav8r ]

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Same situation with me, Don. My wife (under 65) received two prescriptions dated 12/26 and had a "change in benefit status" effective 12/31. Medco is holding a prescription received 1/3 but can't fill it.

I talked to Isabella at AMR HR 800 447-2000 (long waits on hold) last Monday and she told me that Pauline's Medco profile would be restored by 1/7. Nope! I called again yesterday, got a little mad, and was told (again after a long hold) that a request had been put in for an expedited resolution. Nada, this morning. I requested yesterday that a supervisor call me and no one has called back.

This whole thing sucks but I can't see where we have any leverage to do anything other than wait it out.

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fortunate to have TRICARE so I don't have a problem. However, Bill Contrell, Prez of TWA Seniors, has asked in the past that problems like this be forwarded to him. I assume he has an inside track to someone at AA.

If someone wants to copy and send this topic to him at the address below, it very probably would help.

President - Bill Cottrell
wrcottrell@yahoo.com

Good luck...way to go "Gators"

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Don,

Please see my latest post in the TWA>Medco Health Coverage Problem folder at the top of the site.

Dick,

Thanks for Cottrell's address. I'll contact him.

Paul

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory