Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » HR2103

Author Topic: HR2103
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what the status is of HR2103??(Bill introduced a couple of years back that would basically force the PBGC to use age sixty-five for benefits for those pilots forced out at sixty)

I've been unable to find anything in the congressional record that references this. Somehow I have the feeling that, since they passed the age sixty-five bill, this other bill has died on the vine! Yet another screwing at the hands of our politicians! [Frown]

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Don,

On this web page you will see that HR2103, sponsored by Rep. George Miller D-CA, was introduced May 7, 2007 and at the present languishes in committee. It will go no further until/unless it is reported out of committee.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-2103

As noted on the page "The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee."

A companion bill, S.1270 was introduced in the Senate by Daniel Akaka, HI, on May 2, 2007, and languishes in the Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.

Regrettably, both bills appear to be dead. Sorry.

But, hey, look on the bright side. No increase in Medicare Part B cost for 2009 and no penalty in 2009 if you don't take an MRD out of your 401k. Could it get any better? [Big Grin]

Merry Christmas,
Paul

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could eliminate the 70.05% increase in My Humana Prescription Plan Part D.

More than doubled.!! was $26.10 now $44.50

Merry Christmas!

Bob

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bob,

Humana needs the money! Heck, it spent 280,000 just in the 3Q of 2008 lobbying congress!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28279797/

You're looking for a new plan, right?

I'm sold on traditional medicare and my Anthem BC/BS of NH supplement plan. My Anthem premium is going up 2 bucks a month in 2009. Looks like I'll have to forgo my Two Buck Chuck!!! [Razz]

Oops, I see you're talking about Part D. I had been relying on the VA for prescription drugs but I now get my BP and Statin drugs from Hannford (NH) and Sweetbay (FL) supermarkets for $10.99 for a 90 day supply. [Eek!]

Paul

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote to Miller a while ago but haven't received a reply as yet. Obviously, since none of us are paying ALPO dues anymore, they (ALPA) couldn't care less about us. You would think that they would bring a little pressure to bear on congress to rectify this inequity. Hoping to upgrade my wine from 'Two Buck Chuck'...but, guess that'll never happen! [Big Grin]

MERRY X-MAS all!

[ 12-18-2008, 21:00: Message edited by: Retav8r ]

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory