Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Discussions   » TWA Retiree Forum   » jetnet

Author Topic: jetnet
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quite a while ago we were told that we would have to change our jetnet password on a regular basis. If I remember correctly it was every 90 days. I changed mine at that time and have not made a change since then. I haven't heard anything recently about needing to change again.

Does anybody know if this requirement has been dropped? If not will we somehow be advised when we are getting close to the time that jetnet would cut us off? As time goes by and I get older life seems to get more complicated. Keeping track of all these extraneous things gets more and more difficult.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Carr

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Yes it must be changed every 90 days. Fortunately for me....my younger, AA FA wife, takes care of all that for me.

My brain cells are dying faster than leaves in the fall.

Bob

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ritchie:
Dave,

Yes it must be changed every 90 days. Fortunately for me....my younger, AA FA wife, takes care of all that for me.

My brain cells are dying faster than leaves in the fall.

Bob

Bob

Thanks for the info. I think it's now been more than 90 days since I changed my password and I'm still able to get into Jetnet. Is there any setup when you enter Jetnet that tells you that your 90 days are expiring and that you need to make a change or are you just cut off?

I don't really understand why Jetnet requires a change every 90 days. There must be some secret information on Jetnet that would be of interest to hackers that I just don't see.

Are you still considering the possibility of travel in Peru? I've been down here for the past 6 weeks and last year did an extensive trip around Southern Peru with one of my grandsons. If you are let me know and I'll fill you in on some of the highlights.

Dave

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Like you, I haven't changed my password for I don't know how long, but surely more than 90 days.

In any case, in the middle right of the Jetnet logoin window there is a clickable link <Login Help>. If you can't log in with your current password you can click login help and you'll be given the opportunity to answer your security questions and generate a new password.

Paul

jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received a 10 day warning that I needed to change my password, about 2 weeks ago.

If you have Jetnet as an older "Favorite" you cannot change it as the login box is outdated.

Start with the full address: www.jetnet.aa.com

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I last changed my password 6/08 and nobody has bothered me since. It would seem that, at least for now, fully retired people are OK while current employeees are still required to change every three months.

After the uproar that was caused last year it might be possible that AA is more than happy to let sleeping dogs lie or, from our standpoint, let's "don't rock the boat".

Nicklas

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O.K.

Just checked with my wife. For sure active employes must update every 90 days and she does get a warning, when it is coming due.

She was uncertain about retirees although she automatically changes mine(retiree) when she changes hers.(active)

Of course at AA...nothing is consistant or logical.

Bob

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
Irish Miss
Junior Poster
Member # 1300

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Irish Miss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,
I bet if you're really nice she even tells you what your new pswd is!!
It was good to see you both when you stopped by our dock last summer. Let us know when you come down this year.
Tell your honey hi for me!
KAT

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dave carr:
Quite a while ago we were told that we would have to change our jetnet password on a regular basis. If I remember correctly it was every 90 days. I changed mine at that time and have not made a change since then. I haven't heard anything recently about needing to change again.

Does anybody know if this requirement has been dropped? If not will we somehow be advised when we are getting close to the time that jetnet would cut us off? As time goes by and I get older life seems to get more complicated. Keeping track of all these extraneous things gets more and more difficult.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Carr

Just when you thought it was safe to...

Up pops the devil. When I went to JETNET this AM I was informed that since I had last changed my password 4/30/08, I needed to change it again.

Good news is it was very painless, just enter and click.

Nicklas

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Tom Girtman
Post Captain
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Girtman   Email Tom Girtman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick, I have had to change mine every 90 days for the past year or so. I think maybe they are hoping we will forget our passwords. Each change of password must include a upper and lower case and numeral plus a symbol on the numeral upper case. Nothing related to any password used in the last six months is allowed. I think this is something that only a Computer Geek would demand of us and I see red every time I have to comply. Tom
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I changed my password once when the "program" started and have not had to change it since. Weird!

Paul

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

About two months ago I entered Jetnet. I was informed that within a certain period of time I needed to change my password. As stated on this site the change was easy but it does get to be a pain remembering so many password changes. This is the only password protected site that I have used that requires an ongoing change of password. I really wonder at the reasoning. Fortunately they do remind us of the need for change and give us a window to do so.

Dave Carr

[ 04-08-2009, 07:36: Message edited by: dave carr ]

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried to access Jetnet and unable to do so. I followed all the prompts and then wound up having to input a new password. I'm not sure why some are able to get in without ever having changed their password while others have to jump through the hoop but in any event it's a painless process.

I've been using USAir for passes and so it was somewhat of a sticker shock to find out that roundtrip between SAN and TPA would run $213 in fees using D2 charges (the same pass on USAir would be $50). I guess we've all been spoiled with our past non-rev policy on TWA. At any rate, I got a full fare on Continental for the same price as AA's standby; so much for that great benefit! I sure miss TWA!! [Frown]

Don

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

quote:
Originally posted by Retav8r:
I just tried to access Jetnet and unable to do so. I followed all the prompts and then wound up having to input a new password. I'm not sure why some are able to get in without ever having changed their password while others have to jump through the hoop but in any event it's a painless process.

I've been using USAir for passes and so it was somewhat of a sticker shock to find out that roundtrip between SAN and TPA would run $213 in fees using D2 charges (the same pass on USAir would be $50). I guess we've all been spoiled with our past non-rev policy on TWA. At any rate, I got a full fare on Continental for the same price as AA's standby; so much for that great benefit! I sure miss TWA!! [Frown]

Don

I'm no expert on the charges but I think this must be a mistake. I just came home from Peru on a D2TWR pass and my total cost from Lima to St. Louis through MIA was $106 and this included a $30 LIM airport departure tax. I was boarded in Business class from LIM and First from MIA. $213 sounds more like the charges for a D3. I sure hope that the D2 charges haven't gone up so much in the last 30 days.

Dave Carr

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave,

Oops, my bad! Thanks for showing me the error of my ways! [Embarrassed]
I went back into Jetnet and realized that I was looking at the trip value cost, not the actual charges for D2 travel. With my routing, SAN-DFW-TPA RT, the total charge is $84.28/F and $46.80/Y. That's basically the same as I've been paying on USAir. I still needed to buy a full fare though as I have to be in TPA on a certain date and can't afford to be 'bumped.' No complaints from me regarding the non-rev charges, it sure beats full fare!
Thanks again for setting me straight!

Don

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Don

My pleasure!! I spend a great deal of time non reving around the Western Hemisphere and try to keep up with AA travel benefits. Like you I have passes on other airlines as my son flys for a carrier that provides us as parents with travel benefits on Delta, United and his company. Trying to keep track of charges and non rev procedures for 4 different airlines with ZED procedures thrown in the mix can be a daunting but satisfying effort for an old guy. For those of us that are retired and love to travel passes have added much gold to the "golden years". Plus, being retired I generally could care less if I get bumped. Just adds to the excitement of the unknown and unanticipated.

Dave Carr

ernieh
Post Captain
Member # 51

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ernieh   Email ernieh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I still needed to buy a full fare though as I have to be in TPA on a certain date and can't afford to be 'bumped.'
Not sure if this works for TWR's, but if you actually worked for, or retired from AA, you can get a regular ticket for 20% off ANY published fare.

You have to book online to reserve the space then call res. to get the fare.

[ 04-09-2009, 17:02: Message edited by: ernieh ]

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

quote:
Originally posted by ernieh:
quote:
I still needed to buy a full fare though as I have to be in TPA on a certain date and can't afford to be 'bumped.'
Not sure if this works for TWR's, but if you actually worked for, or retired from AA, you can get a regular ticket for 20% off ANY published fare.

You have to book online to reserve the space then call res. to get the fare.

Unless there has been a change in the last year it is my understanding that the 20% discount does apply to the TWA retirees.

Dave Carr

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

As Dave pointed out, TWRs are eligible for the 20% although that's not always the cheapest way to go. In my case, I lucked out and got a RT on Continental for $225. AA's fare for the same flight would have been over $300, even with the twenty percent off.

Bottom line, don't assume that with twenty percent off, AA is the cheapest way to go on a full fare; there are quite a few deals out there and a limited amount of really cheap seats available on most airlines. It's all a matter of timing and getting the seat before the discount brokers snatch them up.

Don

[ 04-09-2009, 21:59: Message edited by: Retav8r ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory