Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » General Discussions   » About this Bulletin Board   » Hello to Capt. Randy Kramer

Author Topic: Hello to Capt. Randy Kramer
Victor Mathis
Junior Poster
Member # 2764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victor Mathis   Email Victor Mathis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Randy. I don't expect you to remember me but I knew you when I worked in TOL back in 1955. Then TWA closed TOL and I moved to YIP, worked weight and balance and whatever else there was to do. Thats wher we really got together. Remember Ed Reed, Billy Runkle, Jack Robertson?
Billy Runkles Daughter
Junior Poster
Member # 2881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Runkles Daughter   Email Billy Runkles Daughter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw your post on this site and thought I should aknowledge an old friend of my fathers, Capt Billy Runkle. Did you know each other in St.Louis, Michigan(Willow Run) or LAX. Dad has been gone for a number of years now, but I smiled each time I see an old picture of a TWA plane of go to the airport and see the Capt. of the plane. I'd enjoy hearing how you knew my dad. Best wishes, Mrs. Sandy Runkle Engelke
Billy Runkles Daughter
Junior Poster
Member # 2881

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Runkles Daughter   Email Billy Runkles Daughter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Capt. Randy,
Thank you for your kind words about my dad, of course they brought fond memories and a tear to my eyes. I certainly recall that TWA was more than a job, it was a family. I was fortunate to have flown several times with my dad as the pilot. I always could tell if dad landed the plane and not the co-pilot, it was a lot smoother. Thank you again for sharing your memories. Best wishes to you and your wife.
Sincerely, Mrs. Sandy Runkle Engelke

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory