Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TW acft.. Latest from AA's Q&A

Author Topic: TW acft.. Latest from AA's Q&A
Bob H
Post Captain
Member # 287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob H   Email Bob H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is from AA's Director of Flight Administration (stated on Q&A)
As of today August 10, 2001

quote:
At year end 2001, TWA has:
Current Fleet Future Expectation
  • 9 B767-3ER (P&W) (AA begins replacement in 2002-2003 with 15 B767)

• 27 B757-200 (P&W) Retain

• 103 MD82/83 Retain

• 30 B717 Retain

• 6 DC9 Retire in 2002

175 Total 160 Aircraft + 15 B767s replaced on AA = 175 Total

The above is the most current plan through 2003.

This is exactly what has been stated by AA in numerous analyst briefings and also stated in the "asset acquisition"..

Bob H

sm
Post Captain
Member # 266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sm   Email sm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im afraid Bob you have it all wrong. Just listen to what the great wizard of the APA has to say.
"We should be driving Grey hounds this time next year, and furthermore you should be happy to just do that."

Sorry, I saw no else had responded with a smart ass remark, so i thought i would jump in.

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bob..I always appreciate your information.

I will be flying through STL next Friday, and Sunday. Are you working either days? Same for the rest of you folks. I'll be on the 3:00 out of SFO on Friday, and the last flight back to SFO on Sunday (8-ish or so... I do not have the flight numbers handy as I type.

ROb

Super 80
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob,

I would interpret this as 160 aircraft that TWA is bringing to the dance, since the 15 76's were paid for by AMR and not TWA. This is also down from 187 that you started with nine months ago, is it not? Excuse my confusion but the numbers have been bantered around quite a bit, but I think that that was the original number.

IP: Logged
Bob Bayless
Post Captain
Member # 745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Bayless   Email Bob Bayless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As to the number of aircraft for which TWA recieves credit, I think we have to go with the 187 figure. The numbers at both TWA and AA are going to change over time. Some time in the future, none of the aircraft in TWA's present stable will be part of AA. And, what about the 727's and other aircraft that AA will lose?

Any acquisitions made after the merger date have to be considered to be part of both TWA and AA or part of neither. To figure it any other way is illogical.

Bob

Posts: 220 | From: 1348 S. Victoria Ave, Columbia, Mo. 65201  |  IP: Logged
Bob H
Post Captain
Member # 287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob H   Email Bob H   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob-

I'm leaving for Northern MN for a couple of days and will miss both of your STL stops. Maybe next time. Thanks for the comments.

Bob H

quote:
Originally posted by robw:
Thanks Bob..I always appreciate your information.

I will be flying through STL next Friday, and Sunday. Are you working either days? Same for the rest of you folks. I'll be on the 3:00 out of SFO on Friday, and the last flight back to SFO on Sunday (8-ish or so... I do not have the flight numbers handy as I type.

ROb

Super 80
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Bayless:
As to the number of aircraft for which TWA recieves credit, I think we have to go with the 187 figure. The numbers at both TWA and AA are going to change over time. Some time in the future, none of the aircraft in TWA's present stable will be part of AA. And, what about the 727's and other aircraft that AA will lose?

Any acquisitions made after the merger date have to be considered to be part of both TWA and AA or part of neither. To figure it any other way is illogical.

Bob

Bob B (versus the Bob H I was addressing before),

I think that we can see three phases of TWA. One was the pre-acquisition independent TWA of 187 aircraft. The second is the TWA LLC, which is being operated under American's direction as they bring you along into their operating specifications. During this period they will be making adjustments to your livery, gates and destinations. At some point in the future, you will enter phase three, American. It is at that point that we at APA say: this is what you bring to the Company.

Of course, plans at AMR are always in flux, and eventually even the 777's will be replaced. But to account for what TWA brings to the dance when we are finally wed, it will be what you have left at the end of the LLC.

IP: Logged
Bob H
Post Captain
Member # 287

quote:
Originally posted by Super 80:
Bob,

I would interpret this as 160 aircraft that TWA is bringing to the dance, since the 15 76's were paid for by AMR and not TWA. This is also down from 187 that you started with nine months ago, is it not? Excuse my confusion but the numbers have been bantered around quite a bit, but I think that that was the original number.

S80-

Thanks for your comments-

TWA did not file any SEC reports for the 4th qtr 2000.

My info shows 183 TWA acft on 12/31/2000.

173 acft were part of the "Asset purchase agreement"..

Part of the differences/confusion are the 15 B717's delivered after AA's closing and the DC9's being removed a few months earlier than originally planned.

Let me know if I failed to answer your question.

Bob H

MaxEPR
Post Captain
Member # 638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaxEPR   Email MaxEPR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more new Bobs should be allowed on this board. It's getting confusing.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory