Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » some bAAd experiences with AA

Author Topic: some bAAd experiences with AA
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AA is honoring its pledge to keep union employees. They are offering SFO employees with decades of experience part-time lousy hour jobs. These folks will probably all quit or retire.

Extra room in coach comes at the price of a row of seats in first. Upgrades will be harder to get. But, if I get put in coach, at least there is more room.

The AA magazine describes the movies, drinks, etc, and it never matches what is on the aircraft. FC service is spotty with items not showing up on the AC. Can't AA throw a little of their mountain of cash, to make sure the FC service is what they claim it to be.

My loyalty to TWA in terms of the fabulous ground team at SFO is likely to be gone soon. I'll still the see good folks in the cabin and cockpit. I am still in wait and see mode.

ROb

MrMarky
Post Captain
Member # 635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrMarky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob--

What about Cliff and Margie and Claudette in the SFO Ambassadors Club? Are they being part-timed too?

One of my favorite agents, Rudy, got sick of all the passenger abuse last year and went over to cargo. I wonder what happens over there---TWA cargo has already moved in with AA cargo at SFO. Another favorite Agent, Ada, was one of the last recipients of TWA's award program for job excellence (before the buyout)--she got ten grand from TWA, I believe. Hopefully the check didn't bounce.

What about all our friends on the ground at SJC?? My buddy Steve Duncan, who is the cream of the crop, and everyone else. I suppose the same thing is happening to all of them too.

I guess the only "safe" agents are the ones in STL. All the outstations are screwed. The mechanics/rampers will be next. AA only needs the MCI overhaul base and some of the STL guys--enough to keep a hub going. Everyone at outstations like SFO, LAX and from what I hear, JFK as well, will probably be getting the same treatment.

It appears AA erected a Potomkin Village for Carty's appearance before Congress. Now we're getting a peek behind the facade and it ain't pretty.

Marky

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, each of them will be at the very bottom of the seniority list, as I understand it, and all that is there at SFO, at least, are part-time jobs.

I do not know this for a fact, but I expect a lot of retirements.

twaokc
Post Captain
Member # 664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twaokc   Email twaokc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MrMarky
Just sent you a private message. Let me know if you get it.
Carl

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory