Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Schedule additions

Author Topic: Schedule additions
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is from an AA press release:

The following markets will soon be flown solely by TWA:

"Chicago to Kansas City
Chicago to St. Louis
Dallas/Fort Worth to Kansas City
Dallas/Fort Worth to New York’s JFK
Dallas/Fort Worth to St. Louis
TWA will also begin flying some of the flights between the following city pairs:

Chicago to Baltimore
Chicago to Raleigh/Durham
Dallas/Fort Worth to Albuquerque
Dallas/Fort Worth to Columbus
Dallas/Fort Worth to Nashville
With some TWA flying transitioning to American, TWA’s larger Boeing 757 aircraft, previously used on these routes, will now be available for additional flying to the West Coast from the St. Louis hub."

Also, STL-CDG will go seasonal, it is not being eliminated. I seam to recall Carty saying that there will be more international flying out of STL.

I also noticed both flight wings are open again at T-5. Alas, I do not know if I will ever got through T-5 Again. My next three overseas flights will take me through STL and ORD...yup, I am flying AA to ARN. I thought about flying TWA through CDG, But AA has a connecting flight from SFO, so it seems silly to add another connection. I have to get used to flying AA, or trying AA, sooner or later.

Rob

ss278
Post Captain
Member # 244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ss278   Email ss278   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This release was issued a couple of weeks ago. How much of it - if any - is still valid is open to question.
Posts: 199 | From: Salt Lake City, Utah USA  |  IP: Logged
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The numbers will likely change as both carriers cut back, but basic switches, such as TWA doing all of the ORD-STL flying and the STL-DFW will likely not change.

Maybe we will not see 757s being added to many West Coast to STL flights as was the plan, until the planes are running fuller.

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

The numbers will likely change as both carriers cut back, but basic switches, such as TWA doing all of the ORD-STL flying and the STL-DFW will likely not change.

Maybe we will not see 757s being added to many West Coast to STL flights as was the plan, until the planes are running fuller.

linuxhost
Junior Poster
Member # 787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linuxhost         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by robw:

I don't know about STL, but the scuddlebutt around MCI (from AA employee's), is that all of the TWA's and AA's flights, will be reduced from the current 29 to 9.

No word on who will fly them.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory