Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » "Kramer Summit" Party Ideas

Author Topic: "Kramer Summit" Party Ideas
CeeHawk
Post Captain
Member # 408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeHawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All -- I did not want to see this great idea get buried in the other thread. Let's brainstorm.

What date(s)? Semi-Holiday? Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas & Chaunakah?(Marky & TWNR please correct spelling)

Sooner? Sometime in Nov.?

Later? After the New Year?

Places? STL Local restaurant? A/C club again?

And who wants to be the local point person?
I am in SRQ, but will help if I can.

Post any and all ideas/suggestions here. Perhaps once we get a handle on it, we can invite others to the "Kramer Summit." Then they can come or not.

Good day from SRQ, CeeHawk

gambit3131
Post Captain
Member # 261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gambit3131   Author's Homepage   Email gambit3131   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI

You can't use the Old A/C at STL anymore. AA has taken it over for their use.

I am no longer in STL but I will offer any assitance that I can give from DFW.

gambit

twnoop
Junior Poster
Member # 809

Icon 10 posted      Profile for twnoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do what I can to help out, I don't want to miss another party....let me know what I can do.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: twnoop ]

donuway
Post Captain
Member # 803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donuway   Email donuway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did I miss??? Better look at threads??

Don

CeeHawk
Post Captain
Member # 408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CeeHawk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by donuway:
What did I miss??? Better look at threads??

Don

Hi Don Check the thread started by Rampguy titled "American on PB"

Up for a party?

Good day from SRQ, CeeHawk

TWAnr
Post Captain
Member # 166

Icon 6 posted      Profile for TWAnr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CeeHawk:
Chaunakah?(Marky & TWNR please correct spelling)

Word perfect likes "Hanukkah". I'll have to check how MS Word likes it after I get home.

nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...somehow tieing a get together to just prior to 11/30/01 seems appropriate. That's the last day of the Aviator's program. Although the employees may have a different roadmark set in their minds...to me that's the formal end of TWA...at least in the form that we as passengers know it.

Mike

TWAnr
Post Captain
Member # 166

Icon 6 posted      Profile for TWAnr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TWAnr:
Word perfect likes "Hanukkah". I'll have to check how MS Word likes it after I get home.

MS Word also likes “Hanukkah” , so it must be unanimous.

rampguy
Post Captain
Member # 632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rampguy   Email rampguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gambit3131:
FYI

You can't use the Old A/C at STL anymore. AA has taken it over for their use.

I am no longer in STL but I will offer any assitance that I can give from DFW.

gambit

Hey Gambit. I was wondering if your job offer from AA held up. Glad to see it has. Good luck to ya.

MrMarky
Post Captain
Member # 635

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MrMarky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds as though there may be consensus in favor of another gathering.

If so, I suggest we try to do it right and make it a big success.

Where? STL? LAX? A charter (sounds fantastic)? When? Costs? Etc, etc.

If everyone wants to do this, why don't we appoint a committee of a few of us here to come up with a plan, a timeline and solutions for all of the logistics.

I would suggest the planning take place here, not PB. Once all the decisions have been made, we can post an announcement there if you all feel that is appropriate.

I am willing to volunteer once again. If we allow lots of lead time and don't rush it, I'm sure we could make it a big hit. Maybe we could even invite "Sluggo"!

Marky

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll put in my vote for after 12/1 as I will be flying back on 721 on 11/30 earning my last aviators miles.

STL is certainly central, but if this is a Capt. Randy event maybe LAX would be good. It does not hurt me either

Rob

nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<>

Rob,

I don't know if you planned it that way, but I'd say that's a VERY appropriate farewell flight you're making there.

Enjoy your flight!

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Marky.

There seems to be a bit of interest among our "friends" on this board, but very little has been shown by those required to have a truly effective and productive SUMMIT meeting. Unless those with opposing views attend our gathering we'll just have a lot of FUN and get nothing accomplished.

Are we allowed to do that?

Randolph

MrMarky
Post Captain
Member # 635

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MrMarky   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Captain!

Well I think that's the idea.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to include anyone from AA who would like to join us, as well as any of those from TWA who have been "critics". But regardless of who is or is not in attendance, I think the basic premise should be to have fun! I also see great value in face to face meetings between adversaries on the boards as a healthy thing too. So long as we don't turn it into a "mediation" party.

If we let nature take its course, that shouldn't be necessary. All of us from all sides at both airlines, will form new bonds of friendship, long term friendship, as a result of developing these personal relationships in a festive environment.

Our common bonds are the relationships we have developed here on the message boards, in most cases without benefit of having met each other in person. These are strengthened when we have the chance to break bread together, and wash it down with some alcohol, of course.

Best regards,

Marky

donuway
Post Captain
Member # 803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donuway   Email donuway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

The catering director at 94th did call my house a month or so ago, just to see if our "group" had any more plans for tha future? One good thing about STL,---It still looks very TWA. But anywhere that is convenient would be fine.

Rob, I'm still trying to figure up if I should USE all my miles by the 30th, and start with a clean slate?

Don

Don

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don

I'm accumulating my miles and will use them on AA atleast until I get my 1 million status. I was ticked that AA dropped the two cities I wanted to fly to next year... ARN and MXP. Still with over 800K total miles (AA is still counting total, correct?)
I will fly them and TWA for a while. Since I cannot get to Stockholm or Milan, I could fly AA SJC-cdg, but that flight shows up spordically. Rather than change in ORD, I would rather fly TWA through STL two more times, so I might still use up some Aviators miles.

Rob

PS I am on for STL party if it is is after 12/1/01 or early next year...sadly I am booked until then for the weekends...we have playoffs out here as you all do in STL.

Tomorrow we knock out the Yanks. Sadly, I was at the game tonight and no sweep. Good game though.

mioguido
Post Captain
Member # 123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mioguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob...you better start looking for a NY Yankees hat to wear.
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

It aint over...well you know the rest. After 6 1/2 it is looking a little scary.

I may love New York, but I cannot ever bring myself to support the Yanks. I like the Cards, as Tony is the best manager around. The Cards are sadly out, so who do I want to win the series? Well, still 6 chances for two runs.

mioguido
Post Captain
Member # 123

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mioguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wore my Cleveland Indians hat tonight and have ready my NY Yankees hat for tomorrow. oh my!
Jeff Isenberg
Post Captain
Member # 421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Isenberg   Email Jeff Isenberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mioguido:
i wore my Cleveland Indians hat tonight and have ready my NY Yankees hat for tomorrow. oh my!

mioguido -

Although I'm obviously quite pleased with the success of the Yankees last evening, I was also saddened that the Tribe wasn't able to knock off Seattle. Not only am I somewhat of a Cleveland fan, on a personal note I would have had a line on tickets at the Jake for a game in a Yankees/Indians ACLS series. Oh well .... maybe next year.

Jeff I.

mioguido
Post Captain
Member # 123

Jeff....don't fret, we still have next year to bring the World Series home to Cleveland. the overtime for the games would of been nice though.
Jeff Isenberg
Post Captain
Member # 421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Isenberg   Email Jeff Isenberg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mioguido:
Jeff....don't fret, we still have next year to bring the World Series home to Cleveland. the overtime for the games would of been nice though.

mioguido -

Let's hope so.

Also, I've got to tell you that I think Cleveland did a superb job with Jacob's Field and the surrounding area. It is a great place for baseball and other urban pursuits.

Jeff I.

mioguido
Post Captain
Member # 123

Jeff...Thank you, and check your email.
N738FZ
Post Captain
Member # 624

Icon 14 posted      Profile for N738FZ   Author's Homepage   Email N738FZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everybody, decided to start posting here more since they're shutting down PB.

Wow, another party...sounds good to me! Unfortunately, my remaining TWA passes from the internship expire on 30Nov, so anytime after then might make it difficult for me to attend, depending on where we hold it. But I'll try

--Sam W

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory