Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » PB goes Buh Bye

Author Topic: PB goes Buh Bye
JFK Fleet Service
Post Captain
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JFK Fleet Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The great one speaks:

<The message boards, as they are now, will cease to exist in the next 10 days or so. Basically, the site going forward will be for PlaneBusiness Banter subscribers only. As you know, the boards have been something I have supported for four years—but since they do not generate any income, I am afraid they have to go. That is just the reality of the situation, and you should be able to understand that.

As for the paid site, I have a wonderful group of paying subscribers already, so I know the site will do just fine.

I appreciate your taking an interest in the boards—but really, if you are having such problems with Jonathan, perhaps it is best that you go to another forum.

Thanks for the note.

-Holly Hegeman>>

Oh goody, now I can pay for "We'll see you in the morning with Krispy Kreme doughnuts"...

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: JFK Fleet Service ]

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to pay for Holly's newsletter, and there was rarely anything in there that I could not get from other free sources. As with the free (I assume it stil is free) daily banter, all of the paid stuff ends up there sooner or later.

She is a nice lady and all, but I cannot see paying Holly for a service that was often late, and contained a lot of information I did not need.

JFK Fleet Service
Post Captain
Member # 822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JFK Fleet Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out USaviation.com,nice looking board there.
MD11
Post Captain
Member # 1219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MD11         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by robw:
I used to pay for Holly's newsletter, and there was rarely anything in there that I could not get from other free sources. As with the free (I assume it stil is free) daily banter, all of the paid stuff ends up there sooner or later.

She is a nice lady and all, but I cannot see paying Holly for a service that was often late, and contained a lot of information I did not need.

It's not only that, but that she wanted $150 buck for the privilege!!!! No thanks....

JFK Fleet Service
Post Captain
Member # 822

Okay, so it's not Krispy Kreme Donuts this time...

Tuesday, November 6, 2001 10:10 PM CST Mandeville, LA -- Hi folks. It's Tuesday and we are in final edits for today's PlaneBusiness Banter. Since it's so late, let's make it a cafe au lait morning edition tomorrow. You bring the beignets. I'll bring the cafe au lait.

There is something to be said for consistency though.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory