Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Greetings from UK

Author Topic: Greetings from UK
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, they make us use plastic knives, but we had a good laugh at the fact that there is a little knife/filing gizmo available from duty free on the plane.

AA, of course, had the wrong magazines, no entertainment guide, but the TWA crew were terific. It helps when the plane is half empty to get that little extra in terms of service.

Lastly, sort of, AA certainly has oved quickly in terms of putting their signs up at STL. Not so much at SFO as the TWA counter wil close in less than two weeks.

If anyone is working the flights, I will be on 721/175 Thursday, 11/29.

Take care everyone.

TransWorldForever
Post Captain
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TransWorldForever   Author's Homepage   Email TransWorldForever   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob

Good to hear from you... what are you doing over here? What more can you tell us about the TWA flight(s)? What was the mood on board? I've been trying to manage one last LGW-STL flight before Dec 2nd but it looks pretty certain I won't make it. I guess my last TWA flight is destined to be the one I took last February... :-(. I wonder what TWA/AA will be doing with all the signs they take down in STL and other locations.... wish they could send me some signs, I'd put them to good post-humous advertising use for TWA... .

I'm not sure how long you've been over here, but when you get back home make sure you go check out the updates I've added to my TWA website. Now we can all voice our opinions in TWA polls for example . Hope you have a great TW flight back - I have no doubt you will.

Nick
TransWorldForever
http://www.nknet.com/twa

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: TransWorldForever ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory