Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Livery part II & fleet

Author Topic: Livery part II & fleet
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I helped move the livery subject off thread.

Was only one 757 painted in the transition colors? That is what I heard somewhere.

WIll all planes now be painted in actual AA colors? I would presume so.

I recall Carty saying there wouild be 767s coming on line for TWA to rplace the existing ones. Of course, this was before 9/11. I had assumed they were going to restore some international flying out of STL, or use them for hub flying to the big cities. Any word?

crew4aa
Post Captain
Member # 1462

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crew4aa   Email crew4aa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume that TWA 767's will disappear and be replaced by AA's 767's particularly with reduced capacity. I also believe that once the fence is down you will see some 777 flying to LGW to keep that competitive edge.
pomonastudent
Post Captain
Member # 140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pomonastudent   Email pomonastudent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crew4aa:
I presume that TWA 767's will disappear and be replaced by AA's 767's particularly with reduced capacity. I also believe that once the fence is down you will see some 777 flying to LGW to keep that competitive edge.

The TW 767s going would mean the end of a decent F cabin to Hawaii...wouldn't surprise me, but that would be too bad. Think that some AA flyers are waking up to the fact that STL-OGG or HNL in F on the TW 767s is far more comfortable than out of DFW...

AABob
Post Captain
Member # 636

Icon 2 posted      Profile for AABob   Email AABob   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We can only hope.

With AMRs appetite to outsource jobs we'll be lucky to hang on to STL-LGW. If the proposed AA/BA alliance goes through without AA being able to convert STL-LGW to STL-LHR, I can assure you we'll see BA metal in STL.

Oneworld has greater reach from LHR.

B767300ER
Post Captain
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B767300ER   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

As long as ex-TWA pilots fly them, that's fine.

A B-777 in STL? Probably not; I suspect they'll use 2 767-300's per day instead.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory