Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » AA mile transfer... EQUITY MILES

Author Topic: AA mile transfer... EQUITY MILES
robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would start a new thread. I posted on another thread that I have had good luck with my miles.

My dad, however, is still having a real problem with equity miles. He finally used the last of these for SEA-CAI. The flight was cancelled and after many attempts to re-schedule this, the trip was called off. Now AA is saying they will put 50K into dad's AA account. This stinks as he used 50K to get his free first ticket that included a companion upgrade. The trip was cancelled by AA, not dad. The curent mile cost fot this type of award would be about 160K miles, yet AA is still insisting they will only credit back the original 50K miles. We have requested that AA give dad the equivilant miles of his equity award, but AA has not answered our last few letters.

For the first time I am using miles for free tickets (sfo-dub), as I am seriously considering dumping AA and going over to NWA/KLM, which actually have better schedules for the places I tend to travel to. I am close to the 1M miles for the lifetime gold card at AA and I suppose I should get it first, but despite the fact that AA have treated me OK, they have to fix dad's problem, or I may become bitter. I have not left AA yet, but this is sure a problem for my family.

Rob

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory