Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Why not TWA STL to ORD?

Author Topic: Why not TWA STL to ORD?
Life_Platinum
Post Captain
Member # 630

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Life_Platinum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was foiled by AA last Thursday when I tried to fly TWA one more time on what some of you referred as my signature route NYC-STL-ORD. It was easy to make a reservation on the AA web site, as NYC-ORD via STL does come up as an option.

Flt 2863 was on 9401, one of the Chinese MD-80s still in TWA colors, the cabin crew still wore TWA garb, the service first rate, and of course we arrived safely, and on time. I was impressed that the FA assigned to First recognized me as one of TWA's most faithful, and was very appreciative of my continuing support for TWA and the employees. The TWA FAs were impressed that I paid a premium of $150 over AA to fly TWA, and that with an extra stop as well

However, the flight from STL to ORD was a disappointment-the plane was a typical AA MD-80, with AA flight attendants. I suspect that I should have been more careful in the flight I choose out of STL, but I thought incorrectly that TWA would be flying almost all flights in and out of STL.

twadc9fo
Post Captain
Member # 505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twadc9fo   Email twadc9fo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, Thanks for flying with us.
About the leg to ORD, things keep getting mixed up. I thought that we were doing all of the STL-ORD flying but I have heard that AA crews will being doing more flying out of STL. This must have already started. Next month we start BOS-MIA, SJU-MIA, and I think BOS-ORD and ORD to one of the airports in NYC. Things are changing.

Bob V

TWAF/A
Junior Poster
Member # 1791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWAF/A   Email TWAF/A   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my understanding, the APFA (AA's F/A Union)petitioned AMR to fly STL-ORD using more AA metal than TWA metal due to the high number of commuting AA F/As between STL and ORD, since as of right now, they don't have jump seat priviledges on TWA.
Steve
Junior Poster
Member # 919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TWAF/A:
From my understanding, the APFA (AA's F/A Union)petitioned AMR to fly STL-ORD using more AA metal than TWA metal due to the high number of commuting AA F/As between STL and ORD, since as of right now, they don't have jump seat priviledges on TWA.

That my friend sounds like rubbish!

TWAF/A
Junior Poster
Member # 1791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TWAF/A   Email TWAF/A   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it that obvious??
AHP
Post Captain
Member # 1710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AHP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Life_Platinum:
I was foiled by AA last Thursday....
Flt 2863 was on 9401, one of the Chinese MD-80s still in TWA colors
However, the flight from STL to ORD was a disappointment-the plane was a typical AA MD-80.

What is the difference between a Chinese MD-80 and an American made MD-80?

CaptRags80
Post Captain
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaptRags80   Email CaptRags80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Similar to who's buried in Grant's tomb...the Chinese MD-80 was made in China. The American MD-80 was made in American.

Seriously, it was another MD hair brain scheme to ship the parts over there for the Chinese to assemble. I don't remember if it was part of a commie government plot or not.

Rags.

robw
Fourm Captain
Member # 75

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robw   Email robw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWAluvr's post has been deleted, and i will delete any other rude posts that contain personal attacks.

Rob

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory