Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Aircraft Proudly DisplaysTWA Colors

Author Topic: Aircraft Proudly DisplaysTWA Colors
nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 14 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could say that for a new 767-331 coming directly off the line in Seattle, however, just as impressive, here are a couple of shots I got over the weekend (in Dayton) of a classic beauty which I'm sure many of you are familiar with:

http://www.geocities.com/nyc6035

(then click on both of the links displayed on this page to render the pictures to your browser window).

I hope you enjoy.

Regards,
Mike

[ 07-22-2003, 11:46: Message edited by: nyc6035 ]

LATREAL
Post Captain
Member # 918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LATREAL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Links don't work. [Confused]

[ 07-21-2003, 13:06: Message edited by: LATREAL ]

Kirkpatrick
Post Captain
Member # 652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirkpatrick   Author's Homepage   Email Kirkpatrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Page not Available"

But I bet it's a Connie!

MK

Posts: 192 | From: Massapequa (Long Island) NY  |  IP: Logged
webmaster@twaseniorsclub.org
Junior Poster
Member # 2111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for webmaster@twaseniorsclub.org   Author's Homepage   Email webmaster@twaseniorsclub.org   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's the Connie. Try this link and then click on the two links on that page:

http://www.geocities.com/nyc6035/

Kirkpatrick
Post Captain
Member # 652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kirkpatrick   Author's Homepage   Email Kirkpatrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable"

[ 07-22-2003, 08:13: Message edited by: Kirkpatrick ]

Posts: 192 | From: Massapequa (Long Island) NY  |  IP: Logged
nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry...I guess I've got a bit to learn about putting up public webpages. Anyhow, as an earlier poster suggested, please use this link

http://www.geocities.com/nyc6035

and then click on the link to either of the two photos.

Thanks,
Mike

Jeff I.
Post Captain
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff I.   Email Jeff I.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike -

Still a no go on my end.

Jeff I.

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem getting the pics up...and grand pics they are.

My problem is one I have with size...attachments like this usually take up 2 or 3 screen sizes to view in it's entireity.

Does anyone know of a way to reduce attachments so they fit on one page?

Frank

Jeff I.
Post Captain
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff I.   Email Jeff I.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got 'em now. Great. Thanks, Mike.

Jeff I.

TWAnr
Post Captain
Member # 166

Icon 2 posted      Profile for TWAnr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Goodyear_26:
Does anyone know of a way to reduce attachments so they fit on one page?

It depends on the Internet Explorer version which you are using. In version 6.0 (look in the Help dropdown menu and select About Internet Explorer) and possibly version 5.5, you can set your preferences to resize the picture to fit the page.

Just follow these instructions:

• From the Tools dropdown menu select Internet Options.
  • Click on the Advanced tab.
  • Scroll down to Enable Automatic Image Resizing (it is under the Multimedia sub heading).
  • Place a check mark in the box to its left.
  • click on the OK button.

If you have an older version of Internet Explorer, go to the Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 site and download it. It has all the bells and whistles that you need.

TWAnr
Post Captain
Member # 166

Icon 2 posted      Profile for TWAnr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nyc6035:
Sorry...I guess I've got a bit to learn about putting up public webpages. Anyhow, as an earlier poster suggested, please use this link...

Mike,

There is nothing wrong with the links. The problem is in the size of the files. Each one of these images appears to be five million pixels. Great image quality that is wasted on web pages. That is causing you to exceed your data transfer allocation.

I have finally been able to access the site after many occasions of receiving the following message:

quote:
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

If you have the software, perhaps you can repost a smaller version of the photos. The easiest method to shrink the photos is to email them and let the email software reduce them down to manageable file sizes (approximately 600 kilobytes).
nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWANR,

Thanks for the advice. You're right. I did shoot these with a 5 megapixel camera. I guess that causes a different set of problems (including needing to buy a second memory chip...but that's another story).

Anyhow, I pulled the images into photoshop (which I'm not any kind of expert with) & I think I've got the file sizes down to a more managable level.

I think they're about +/- 140K each. Hopefully folks are able to view these more easily. Please feel free to suggest bigger or smaller if that'll help.

Again, happy viewing.

Regards,
Mike

Kenneth
Post Captain
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenneth   Author's Homepage   Email Kenneth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't sure where to post this so here it is ...

There was a press release today that British Air was halting all flights to Saudi Arabia due to terrorist threats. I'm not commenting on that per-se, just the last line of it - which hit me funny:

"No US carriers fly to the kingdom." ...

I just thought about how that wasn't true before 2001. TWA was the last US carrier to fly there.

Ken

B-757-200
Post Captain
Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B-757-200   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by my_cat:
I just thought about how that wasn't true before 2001. TWA was the last US carrier to fly there.

Actually, the last "Scheduled" US carrier to fly to Saudi. Currently, 4 charter airlines fly there, for military purposes.

No reason to fly scheduled trips to Riyadh anymore!

Captain Ed
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I got furloughed in 1958, I got a job with Seaboaed and Western, who had just gotten a contract to operate 4 Connies for Aer Lingus, which I jumped at.

http://airlines.afriqonline.com/images/px5112.jpg

Flew it for a year. Bruce Bowers and Frank Montemurro also worked for Seaboard.

IP: Logged
Jim Urie
Post Captain
Member # 1305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Urie   Email Jim Urie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For awhile ATA was the dedicated AMC rotator flying from BWI to RAF Mildenhall continuing on to Cairo then to PSAB. Eventually with the planned draw down there will be little or no U.S. military personnel traveling to the sand box with exception of assigned embassy staff.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory