Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Alan English

Author Topic: Alan English
tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tedd1y     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone remember Alan English? He had something to do with Labor Relations or Human Resources, I'm not sure which. Does anyone know his whereabouts?

Thanks.

C185FLTFLYR
Post Captain
Member # 1309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C185FLTFLYR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember him.

Seems to me he left in 94 for ATA or Hawaiian?

I know that is a far cry apart but it sounds familiar.

Keith Bounds or OJ may know.

Cary

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight Planner Jim probably knows more about him.

I remember that Alan and I interviewed with Capt. Bill Hoar back in the early '80's. I believe it was for Contract Administration. Anyway Alan got the job.

Captain Ed
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Bill Hoar, I taught Bill to fly. He came to me as a zero time Ens. in 1961 in VT-1 an NAAS Saufley. Excellent student, and a fine amn too, IMO.

His views on management of course, are counter to my own, but hey, so what?

We even sat on opposite sides of a grievance table in front of a neutral, who got a kick out of the story.

IP: Logged
Bewildered
Post Captain
Member # 1294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bewildered   Email Bewildered   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talk to Alan every once in a while.
He is with ATA.

tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tedd1y     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bewildered:
He is with ATA.

Bewildered,

Can you put me in touch with him? An email address or a phone number?

Thanks

tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

quote:
Originally posted by Bewildered:
He is with ATA.

Thank you, Bewildered. Alan contacted me.
Flight Planner Jim
Post Captain
Member # 1235

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Flight Planner Jim   Email Flight Planner Jim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't add anything more substantial than what is already posted here.
Alan English is a very familiar name to me but I can't put a face to him.
I occasionally have lunch with Dave England, close name.
Had lunch today with Warren Rauch, who was a Crew Scheduler at Hanger 12, and he was familiar with the name but unable to provide any info.

Also, I remember Bill Hoar. I dated his secretary Anne Ornatowitz before she got married to a US Customs guy. She had been a F/A.

Another subject, does anybody know of the whereabouts of Al Whitmore, my manager during the CAMS Feasibility Study?
Last I heard, he was in PHX consulting.

By the way Goodyear_26, didn't you work with Frank Personelli and Milt Levy in Crew Planning at the Dining Unit at MCI?

Saw Frank a couple years ago and he was at a local hospital for pre-surgery tests for a knee operation the following day. Heard recently he wasn't doing too good.

[ 09-05-2003, 19:14: Message edited by: Flight Planner Jim ]

Goodyear_26
Post Captain
Member # 304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Goodyear_26   Email Goodyear_26   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flight Planner Jim:

I knew Frank Personelli because he and Gene McConville were in the same environment as me, but the comment about the MCI dining unit I have no idea where that comes from.

As far as the CAMS feasability study I don't remember you. But Al Whitmore, Tony Tarricone, myself, and other reps from LAX, ORD, MKC, BOS and JFK (it will take me a while to remember the names). Bob Holman (LAX) Jim Loosen (MKC) and Bob Elsenbrook (ORD) just came to mind. Anyway we met with the programmers about once a month to give our input as users.

We seemed to be making great strides until we tried to mix this all in with In-Flight. At that point we seemed to take three steps backwards. Items we had already covered were re-addressed.

Well the bottom line is we did enter the computor world, and as far as Crew Schedule was concerned it made the job a mite easier, and gave the Flight crews an insight into the scheduling operations and an opportunity to monitor what we were doing.

Since I retired 4/1/85 there have obviously been many changes. I'll take credit for the good ones!! You can have the left-overs!

tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Flight Planner Jim:
[QB]

Also, I remember Bill Hoar. I dated his secretary Anne Ornatowitz before she got married to a US Customs guy. She had been a F/A.

Flight Planner Jim,

Do you happen to know Anne's married name?

Thanks.

Flight Planner Jim
Post Captain
Member # 1235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flight Planner Jim   Email Flight Planner Jim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tedd1y:

Her married name is Dupuis.
She was a F/A in the early 70's.

Flight Planner Jim
Post Captain
Member # 1235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flight Planner Jim   Email Flight Planner Jim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Goodyear:

You must have worked on 38 with Frank and Gene.
Knew both of them well.
Also Bill Reilly. And many others there.

Used to stop up there and visit with Ken Smith. Another great guy. We had a bit of a bond as his daughter was going to the same college I went to.

That's when Al Whitmore and Jack Crowe were in side by side offices outside Ken's office.

The dining unit reference was from when Frank and Milt moved out here to MCI and did the crew pairings at the Dining Unit at MCI. I had a team of two who modified the computer code for the pairings packages to work on the TWA mainframes instead of an outside service bureau saving us lots of REAL money.

I worked on CAMS before we had any programmers working on it. There were just Al Whitmore, Frank Morris, Terry Nelson and myself. We just wanted to see if it was even worth spending that much $ to try to put a computer to it. Spent a lot of time at domiciles to learn what people did, what they did when things went non-routine, etc. etc.

After determining that it was feasibile to do it, we wrote up the results of our study, prepared a presentation for the Black Knight, and gave it to him on the 42nd floor.

He liked what he saw and heard and told our VP, Floyd Wilkerson, that he would spend the money for it. And off it went.

Those were the good old days.

It sure did change!!!!

tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

quote:
Originally posted by Flight Planner Jim:
Tedd1y:

Her married name is Dupuis.
She was a F/A in the early 70's.

Flight Planner Jim,

I didn't have any luck finding her. Do you happen to remember her husbands first name?

Thanks.

Flight Planner Jim
Post Captain
Member # 1235

Tedd1y:

I have no idea what her husband's first name is.
Just out of curiosity, why are you looking for her?

Flight Planner Jim
Post Captain
Member # 1235

Tedd1y:

If you can't answer the above question, you won't get any more information from me.

She's too nice a gal to have somebody stalking her!

You've got my back hairs up!!!!!!!!

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was beginning to wonder about that myself.

Paul

tedd1y
Post Captain
Member # 610

quote:
Originally posted by Flight Planner Jim:
Tedd1y:

I have no idea what her husband's first name is.
Just out of curiosity, why are you looking for her?

Please, I am not stalking! She may have information that would be helpful to an old lawsuit from the Ichan days. If she can help, it would be good to contact her. Nothing more than that.

Thanks

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory