Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » TW/DL

Author Topic: TW/DL
martinduane
Junior Poster
Member # 1882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martinduane   Email martinduane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Vic
I remeber also at one time had a DL DC4 layover
The DC3 was a turn around in/out in early PM it had a stop at every TW city between YIP/CVG and then about 6 more thru the south, blv it term at SAV

Posts: 19 | From: CLE -10 Years at YIP rest in CLE  |  IP: Logged
Victor Mathis
Junior Poster
Member # 2764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Victor Mathis   Email Victor Mathis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Duane
Yes, I remember the DC-3..It operated YIP,TOL,CMH,DAY,CVG and it did end up in SAV. The crews called it "The Vomit Comet". In TOLthe flight crew always ran in to check out our radio operator, Corkie. She was a babe but she finally ended up marrying some guy from the tower. EAL had a Connie that left TOL at the exact time the DC-3 and if Ed Reed was the Capt, he raced the Connie to CMH and he would win if he got the lowest altitude. Needless to say, us guys at TOL worked real hard to get skd (or maybe a couple minutes early) Working for TWA was lots of fun back then.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory