Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » BOB H....Supp CC Question

Author Topic: BOB H....Supp CC Question
jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob , I was awarded on August 1 NY 767 CA Bid. This came by big surprise. It appears I was the only one according to the August 1 bid message. I put the bid in on Dec 2, 2001 and forgot about it. I thought all former TWA CA were frozen in SLT. I live in NJ so it is not a bad thing, just a surprise!! Here is the question: Is this for real or is this a mistake? Thanks, Jeff
jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it was a career highlight to be the first Captain to get a bid out of SLT, even though it was for only 48 hours!

I just got off the phone with Doug Brown, Managing Director Crew Resources. He said the company and the APA had a long discussion on Friday afternoon regarding this award. As Bob C. and Bob H. alluded to, all parameters of the contract and Supp CC were met by the computer bid run EXCEPT the current fleet size.
When a hands on review was done, the award was overlooked.
On Friday June 23rd, when the "Final Results" are posted, Doug is "98% sure it will be recinded."

It's a good thing I kept my discount card for HoJo's.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory