Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » One of TWA's Finest becomes a chief pilot for American.

Author Topic: One of TWA's Finest becomes a chief pilot for American.
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most active crew members are already aware that TWA Captain Dave Andre has been chosen to be an American Airlines chief pilot in STL. It is my belief that many of our passengers, who are members of this board, would also enjoy sharing this exciting news.

There is little doubt that he will bring to American much of the greatness which he and his father contributed to TWA.

The Andre legend lives on. Retired Captain George Andre and Mrs. Andre must be extremely proud and rightly so.

Captain Dave, when your Dad gets finished "popping the buttons off his vest" over his son's accomplishments, can you persuade him to fill us in on one of his hobbies....Air racing? If he should rather not at this time, maybe you will know the answer to my question. Do the younger fellas get upset when a senior citizen shows up at the "race track" and gives them a "bit of a flying lesson?"

Randy Kramer

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kramer

I'm also very happy to hear of Dave's assignment in STL. No question he'll do a fine job. I was fortunate to have worked with him during my tenure in STL. A good guy!!

I won't speak for George but I did see him fly his racer a couple days back. I was at the Dauster Flying Field in beautiful St. Louis and had the opportunity to watch him do a test flight. He was working out some communication bugs and other little glitches and preparing to trailer the airplane out to Reno in September.

I hope that he will post here with some information as to his experience at the Reno Air Races. I would think that it would be very interesting. This ol' timer is sure impressed with George's continued youthful exuberance.

Dave Carr

smilinjack
The Big Boss
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilinjack   Author's Homepage   Email smilinjack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulation Dave…. Could not of picked a better guy….

jack

Jetman
Junior Poster
Member # 2511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jetman   Author's Homepage   Email Jetman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I echo Dave and Jack's message (and Randy's). I flew with Dave for a couple of months, it couldn't have been a more pleasant time. Lots of fun, hard work and professionalism. I add my congratulations to you Dave. Best of luck.

Larry

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory