Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Recalls

Author Topic: Recalls
Dean Seward
Post Captain
Member # 839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dean Seward   Email Dean Seward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
******************AMERICAN AIRLINES AVIATORS******************
IN JANUARY, WE WILL BEGIN RECALLING PILOTS AT A RATE OF ABOUT
10 A MONTH. THIS RECALL IS DRIVEN PRIMARILY BY ATTRITION. IT =87
DOES NOT MEAN WE/LL BE INCREASING OUR SCHEDULE NEXT YEAR, AS
NEXT YEAR/S OPERATION WILL BE ABOUT THE SAME AS 2006. THE
PILOTS THAT WE ARE BRINGING BACK WILL HELP FILL IN SOME OF THE
GAPS LEFT BY PILOTS WHO ARE LEAVING THE COMPANY OR RETIRING.

A FINAL NUMBER OF RECALLS WILL DEPEND ON ATTRITION LEVELS THAT
WE/RE MONITORING CLOSELY. WE/LL BEGIN SENDING RECALL LETTERS TO
PILOTS IN SENIORITY ORDER IN THE COMING DAYS. DETAILS WILL BE
POSTED ON AAPILOTS WHEN A FINAL LIST HAS BEEN CONFIRMED.

WE ARE COMMITTED TO BUILDING A COMPETITIVE AIRLINE THAT IS
POSITIONED FOR LONG-TERM SUCCESS AND GROWTH. I KNOW YOU WILL
JOIN US IN WELCOMING OUR RECALLED PILOTS BACK TO OUR COCKPITS.

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my fervent hope that all the recalled pilots will have experienced being furloughed, that particularly disgusting and discouraging feature of airline life, for the last time.

Paul

Tom Girtman
Post Captain
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Girtman   Email Tom Girtman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

I agree, three times for me was to many! Tom

Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This recall should be interesting to watch. My understanding other carriers are getting 3 for every 10 recalled to accept recall. Some of our guys have some very nice flying jobs and may not want to recall to bottom of list in New York. Roger Moore
Tom Leffingwell
Junior Poster
Member # 2716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leffingwell   Email Tom Leffingwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any word on flight attendant recalls?
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FAs,

There are no plans to recall flight attendants; according to a letter which my wife(OZA/TWA DOH 1972) recieved from her union rep. The union indicates that AA does not need or intend to recall any flight attendants until sometime after the TWA recall rights expire on July 1, 2008.

The pilot recalls are only to cover attrition which will accelerate to 1,700 age 60 retirements within the next four years. Of course the impending age 60 rule change is an unknown factor at this time.

AA's current position is that of..... no main line growth before 2008, at the earliest.

Bob Ritchie [Frown]

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged
Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ritchie:
The union indicates that AA does not need or intend to recall any flight attendants until sometime after the TWA recall rights expire on July 1, 2008.

Boy, our F/A's got screwed worse than any other work group ever!! Can't believe their case didn't go farther than it did. Did their Lawyers screw the pooch or what happened?
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glass,

The court apparently felt that AA and it's FA union had no obligation to the TWA flight attendants or any other TWA labor group for that matter.

Without Allegheny/Mohawk labor protection provisions as a matter of law.....it seems that all of us were at their mercy.

Unfortunately.....little mercy was shown.

Bob

Jeff I.
Post Captain
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff I.   Email Jeff I.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob -

Any news on fleet modernization?

Thanks.

Jeff I.

Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Jeff,

None that is public. Lots of speculation though as Boeing has indicated a large order for 787's from an unnamed source.

Look for some hints as our contract negotiations continue. Lots of pieces in motion.

Gotta go console my wife as the Mets just whipped her beloved Cardinals.

Take care.

Bob

p.s. I am flying some SFO/JFK/SFO transcons. May bump into you yet.

Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Ritchie:
Gotta go console my wife as the Mets just whipped her beloved Cardinals.

They get one more chance tonight. Lets hope they can pull it out and play Detroit! (Apologies to Mets fans.)
donuway
Post Captain
Member # 803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for donuway   Email donuway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob Ritchie,

OK, now is she gonna come root for the GOOD GUYS over the next few days?? [Big Grin]

Sorry Jeff, and all you other New Yorkers. A real nail biter wasn't it?

Don

[ 10-20-2006, 03:09: Message edited by: donuway ]

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who cares about the Series. The important thing is that the Damn Yankees got SWEPT! YEAH!!! [Big Grin]

OK, OK. Go Cards

Paul [Big Grin]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory