Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Pats Oust Chargers

Author Topic: Pats Oust Chargers
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chargers going to Pro Bowl - 9
Chargers going to Super Bowl - 0

Brady says, " There's only one bowl and it ain't the Pro Bowl!" - Priceless

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chargers going to Pro Bowl - 9
Pats going to Super Bowl - 0

Confucious says, "Man who crow too early soon wind up eating crow!" - Priceless
[Big Grin]

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may not believe it but I'm really happy for Peyton and the Colts and hope they whip da Bears. As much as I hate that primadonna's dancing around before the snap, a guy who plays that well deserves a shot at the Super Bowl. So did Dan Marino but it never happened for him. [Razz]

Let's see what happens next year when we draft some fresh, young linebackers and send Reche Caldwell packing. [Eek!]

Paul

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irish:
You may not believe it but I'm really happy for Peyton and the Colts (yeah, I bet) and hope they whip da Bears. As much as I hate that primadonna's dancing around before the snap, a guy who plays that well deserves a shot at the Super Bowl. So did Dan Marino but it never happened for him. [Razz]

Let's see what happens next year when we draft some fresh, young linebackers and send Reche Caldwell packing. [Eek!]

Paul

Well they're out of it at last, thank goodness, and thanks to the Indianapolis Colts for accomplishing the task in such a dramatic fashion.

I had hoped that with their demise we would no longer be forced to view on this site the spectral image of the guy in the multi-colored tri-cornered hat but I guess that is not to be.

And to make matters worse I live in Ft Myers, the spring training home of the Boston MLB franchise. Soon the streets will be crowded with cars with foreign license plates and bumper stickers saying "GO SOX". Go somewhere else and train is what I say and leave Ft Myers to the venerated Twins.

Let's hope no one starts craming these pages with a logo containing two tiny red booties or whatever the hell they are that are the silliest emblem for a sports team that I could ever imagine.

A TRANSPLANTED NEW YORKER

[ 01-22-2007, 06:46: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 165 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Oh! A Yankee fan! That says it all! [Embarrassed]

[Wink]

Paul

louburns
Post Captain
Member # 1923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louburns   Email louburns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, too bad for the Pat's. Maybe next year. The good football news yesterday was Arsenal came from behind to beat Man U.
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

Watch out, there's more than one Yankee fan on this board! [Big Grin] Anyway, I'm glad that I'm not a die hard football fan as some of my fellow Charger fans really took it personal when they lost to the Pats. While I enjoy the game, I'll never be a fanatic about it nor will I ever lose any sleep when my team loses!

ANOTHER TRANSPLANTED NEW YORKER!

[ 01-22-2007, 16:23: Message edited by: Retav8r ]

Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
Skyking
Post Captain
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyking   Email Skyking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my kid times, three of the 16 baseball teams were in New York: The Yankees, Dodgers and Giants.

We also had the three greatest center fielders in Mantle, Snyder and Mays ( Dimaggio was on his way out then.) I think there was even a song about them!

Everyone I grew up with was either an avid Yankee or Dodger fan. I didn't know anyone who rooted for the Giants. Go figure! All these teams went to the series in the early fifties. (When the Yankees won five in a row.)

Too bad about the Patriots but I am counting on the Colts to win the big one.

Wait till next year.

Ward Miles

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Ward,

I can clearly remember, as a twelve-year old, Oct 3, 1951 when Bobby Thomson hit "The Shot Heard Round the World" off Ralph Branca and the Giants beat the Dodgers to win the NL pennant. The Giants went on to lose to the Yankees in the World Series in six games. Those certainly were glory days for New York baseball fans.

Paul

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory