Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Password changes

Author Topic: Password changes
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There seems to be some problem with AA password changes. I have input that you must resubmit a new password every 90 days. It is unclear if this is only for the employees who retired under TWA or also those who retired under AA. I have been unable to get clear definition of the issue. If it is only for former TWA employees it smells of harassment. Roger Moore (Capt AA ret)
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Moore:
There seems to be some problem with AA password changes. I have input that you must resubmit a new password every 90 days. It is unclear if this is only for the employees who retired under TWA or also those who retired under AA. I have been unable to get clear definition of the issue. If it is only for former TWA employees it smells of harassment. Roger Moore (Capt AA ret)

Roger...I just posted the same thing on the TWA Retiree thread.

We saw it a month or so ago when signing in to Jetnet. They stated they were upgrading their system and needed everyone to change their passwords every 90 days.

It wasn't any secret that we needed to do this and it was very simple. Not sure where everyone feels this is some sort of conspiracy or harassment.

In every site I go to be it eBay, PayPal, banks etc is is always suggested we change our passwords periodically. Cannot see where Jetnet is any different.

Oh well, I guess I look at this is just as they stated...to make the site more secure.

Anyway...how to change it is as follows.....

Go to www.jetnet.AA.com, as you may have before. Go to Change Password. Use following rules:

Must not include your user ID.
Must not be common to your previous 8 passwords. Must be at least seven characters in length.
Must include at least three of the following:
An upper case English Letter. (A-Z)
a lower case English letter (a-z)
a numeric character (0-9)
and a special character such as !, @, #, $

Aloha!

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benay,

I agree with you re the conspiracy theory and can understand the need for security, but the need for nine non-similar passwords is serious overkill. I'm referring to the second rule that you mentioned.

I do keep a password list secured by Cryptainer software on my computer but having to remember nine revolving passwords for one site is patently ridiculous.

Paul

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When this requirement to change the password came out a few weeks ago there was no requirement to put some !@?/ in the password. I used a large case and small case letter and some numbers. My password change was accepted and I have been using the new one since then. I was also able to get on Jetnet this morning (30th). Is there something I need to change? I'm in Peru and can't call help the desk from here. Any info would be appreciated.

Dave Carr

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to chat with HR by Jetnet. The person I contacted said that a symbol is not required and that the way I had changed my password was correct. She gave me an example of a proper password. Jetnet01 I did identify myself as a retired TWA employee so I hope I got good information.

Dave Carr

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only requirement for a new password is to use 3 out of the 4 options in the password.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Guys,

Here's the straight poop from AAHR on passwords.

First of all, don't panic! You don't have to maintain a calendar to remember to change your password. You can change your password at any time. If the 90 days has expired and you are denied entry on the login page you will see a clickable link on the login panel entitled Login Help. Click on that link and you'll be given the opportunity to reset your password. Once you've done that you'll be able to enter the site.

There's no threat to your travel or health benefits and no conspiracy to single out TWAers. The only dark side is the ridiculous requirement to use nine different passwords! I'm going to discuss that with Jetnet help shortly and forcefully.

May the force be with you and the dark side defeated forever. [Big Grin]

Paul

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irish:
Hey Guys,

Here's the straight poop from AAHR on passwords.

First of all, don't panic! You don't have to maintain a calendar to remember to change your password. You can change your password at any time. If the 90 days has expired and you are denied entry on the login page you will see a clickable link on the login panel entitled Login Help. Click on that link and you'll be given the opportunity to reset your password. Once you've done that you'll be able to enter the site.

There's no threat to your travel or health benefits and no conspiracy to single out TWAers. The only dark side is the ridiculous requirement to use nine different passwords! I'm going to discuss that with Jetnet help shortly and forcefully.

May the force be with you and the dark side defeated forever. [Big Grin]

Paul

Aloha! Sorry if I gave the wrong info in regards to getting a new password. I just copied what I had received from other TWAers. We had changed ours awhile back so I forgot...old age you know.

Happy to see it has been clarified and no threats to our benefits...did not think they were doing that.

Hope all is well...we are enjoying our summer in Hawaii. Things really have changed since I worked here but then again doesn't everything.

Take care and Aloha

Benay

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to:

https://sam.aa.com

Jeff

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory