Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Spirit of TWA at JFK

Author Topic: Spirit of TWA at JFK
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a photo slide show of Miss Ellie at JFK's Jet Blue terminal.

Paul

http://tinyurl.com/4t2s46

L1011Ret
Post Captain
Member # 1792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L1011Ret   Email L1011Ret   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics Paul. Brings back fond memories of T-5 too.
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ruth's westbound schedule has recently been posted........spiritoftwa.com
jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jet Blue really knows how to party!

There was an open bar at almost every other gate, the Famous Radio City Rockettes, hot Hip Hop band, lots of food, waitresses with hors d'oeuvre trays, free shoulder bag filled with stuff, desserts, TWA Clipped Wings doing a fashion show of the historic uniforms, the 1937 TWA Lockheed 12A (finally got to go on the ramp at JFK with a drink and not have to worry about drug testing!)

Of course LOTS of TWA folk having a great time. Many in TWA uniform. And the TWA original terminal 5 with all her glory.

Dick Siano, Lenny(crew bus), Derek John, Jerry Slick, Robin Wilson(former CEO), Doug Annet(Flight Crew Admin), Capt Carl Jacobs (#1 for years) just to name a few.

Everyone was laughing an having a good time.

Thanks Jet Blue for the invitation! Best wishes with the new terminal.

Jeff

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update, Jeff. Sure wish I could have been there.

Paul

Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I taxied out in front of them im my RV4 yesterday at SUS and we had a nice chat about TWA on Ground Control frequency of course. The pilot was not a TWA pilot nor was he an airline pilot. The bird sure looked good and their call sign was "Spirit of TWA" Roger Moore
Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Roger Moore:
The pilot was not a TWA pilot nor was he an airline pilot.

Roger:

I think I read somewhere that he was at American Eagle a long time.

Andy

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory