Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Anybody know this pilot?

Author Topic: Anybody know this pilot?
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got an e-mail from Jim Stark, who was the subject of this post last September
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Eddie Ricketyback:
Just finished reading a little book that may be of interest to some. It came to my attention through an e-mail from the author, Jim Stark, who was a Pilot in a Navy squadron at the same base where I had flown as an enlisted crew member in the same type aircraft some ten years before. I enjoyed the book, and perhaps some others may too. The title is "Two Turning, Two Burning!", and may be purchased directly from the author via the e-mail address on the web site stark3217@aol.com. He will dedicate it with the inscription of your choice, and if you mention my name, Billy Rawl, he may waive the shipping fee.

The (somewhat peripheral) connection to TWA is that he flew Co-Pilot for Bill Hoar and took over Hoar's crew when he left the squadron for TWA. I never knew Bill, but understand he wound up in TWA management.

He's requesting the following information:
quote:
Just for fun I've been trying to track down fellow classmates from my preflight class, 28-62. So far I've located 15 members of that group (out of 45) and a number of their colleges have forwarded a letter from me to others. One of the more colorful members of our class (as in crazy man) was a guy named Michael L. Sanjenis. Several stories have surfaced about him getting out of the Navy after one tour and sailing a boat around the world. Some report that he was a pilot for TWA. Is their an Internet resource that would list former TWA pilots with contact info? Any help or suggestions you have would be appreciated.
I never encountered this chap during my time at the airline, but I'm reminded almost every day that there were a lot of pilots that I didn't know, so passing this along in case some here remember him. You may contact Jim Stark at stark3217@aol.com
Skyking
Post Captain
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skyking   Email Skyking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Billy,

A quick look at the FAA database/search airman info ... gives us Michael Louis Sanjenas, 1107 5th Ave, NY,NY.

He is type rated on the 707/720, 747, DC-8 suggesting PAA. He also has a year/1968 F/E rating.

A few minutes at Google tells us that he contributed $1000 to Sen Chuck Schumer in 1998.
Google also has probably another Michael L Sanjenas on the United Scab list. I doubt if it is the same guy, because the list shows a birth date of 1930, and the first guy has a current physical as of 2007.

The first MLS may have been "crazy", but his address is the upper east side of NYC, across the street from Central Park, a short walk to the Guggenheim, and the whole of the park to enjoy. One of the highest priced neighborhoods in NYC!

My guess is that he didn't make his obviously big bucks from flying airplanes!

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donated money to Schumer? That tells me all I need to know about Sanjenis! [Mad]

Paul

jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my first furlough, of three, Mike and I were 707 F/Es working for TAP Air Portugal, based and living in Lisbon. This was in 1972. I, too, lost track of him but will pass this along to others who knew him.

He also worked for NCA.

He was a TWA pilot hired 6/21/68.

Yes, a very colorful guy!

[ 12-18-2009, 04:31: Message edited by: jeff shrewsbury ]

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skyking:
A quick look at the FAA database/search airman info ... gives us Michael Louis Sanjenas, 1107 5th Ave, NY,NY.

Thanks, Ward & Jeff! I've passed that info along to Jim Stark. I also appreciate learning about that database, which I didn't know about previously. I'm a little surprised that kind of information is publicly available, but I get surprised a lot these days.

[ 12-18-2009, 05:34: Message edited by: Capn Eddie Ricketyback ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory