Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt. Norman Lehocky Flies West

Author Topic: Capt. Norman Lehocky Flies West
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norman Joseph Lehocky, 81, of Woodstock, IL, died Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009, at Centegra Hospital - McHenry.

He was born April 1, 1928, in Chicago, to Michael and Emily (Wyporek) Lehocky. He married Eloise M. Morgan on Oct. 24, 1959, in Chicago. She passed away April 12, 1998.

He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. He was an airline pilot for Trans World airlines from 1953 through 1988. He enjoyed flying recreationally after his retirement. In his spare time, he enjoyed building model airplanes.

Rest in Peace, Captain Lehocky

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although many of our fellow pilots who have "flown west" were not known by us all, there exists a common bond, which we will always honor and respect....And respond with a "Salute".

A very "Special Salute" to those who have served their country as members of our military service. If only your love for America will always be shared (and equaled by) our political leaders.

Rest In Peace........God BLESS America

Randy Kramer

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n Randy,

I share your sentiments whole-heartedly. I think I remember Capt. Lehocky as an ORD captain with whom I flew once or twice as a Connie flight engineer in 1965/1966.

Paul

jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I arrived in ORD in early 1969 with fresh ink on my F/E certificate after 5 months(!!) of Convair 880 ground school, sim, and airplane time...out of MCI, which was not even a passenger airport at the time.

After all checked out with IOE, one of the first line Captains I flew with was Norm. He was an "old" senior guy about 40 years old with about 17 years seniority.

Being just released from the "training command" I expected more of the same. Wrong. Norm was a mellow easy going guy making this new hire feel welcome to this global airline called TWA.

Back then the entire crew, 3 guys and 4 gals,(sorry..there were no female pilots or male F/As) would stay together for the entire trip. EVERYONE always went out together and we always had a great time.

Norm would look after his crew to be sure everyone was safe and sound, had donuts in the AM, and knew the best spots for dinner, etc.

I had never even been in the cockpit of a jet airliner prior to TWA, and I am thankful for guys like Norm that made me feel welcome and made the job fun.

RIP.

Jeff Shrewsbury

[ 12-23-2009, 13:14: Message edited by: jeff shrewsbury ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory