Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Mexico Cruise

Author Topic: Mexico Cruise
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha!

Has anyone taken a Mexico Cruise that departed from LAX and returns to LAX?

I want to take my daughter in Sept and I am looking to find one that offers us a discount or one that is not too expensive.

Would appreciate any information.

Mahalo!

Have a great Memorial Weekend and stay safe.

Benay

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TARPA and Seniors have taken the cruise and we had a great time. We used Royal Carib and nice ships and I am sure you can get a reasonable cabin.
Cabo is fun if you go to the "Office" on the beach and there is enough to do to keep you and daughter busy. Cheers [Cool]

dsaaks
Junior Poster
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsaaks   Email dsaaks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several websites for interliners that offer great pricing on cruises. Try Perx.com or Dargal.com. Very easy to register and the sites are easy to navigate. Happy cruising!
David

Tom Leffingwell
Junior Poster
Member # 2716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Leffingwell   Email Tom Leffingwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used www.absea.com several times and have been satisfied.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David,

As a long time member of Dargal and Perx I find that they no longer offer any advantage over commercial sites like vacationstogo.com and vacationoutlet.com.

As an example: RCCL Mariner of the Seas, R/T Lax to Mexico, July 11, seven nights, starts at $746 at Vacation Outlet and also on RCCL's own website. Dargal and Vacations To go's lowest price for the same cruise is $864. So, where is the interline discount?

Paul

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benay,

The same cruise I described above, but departing on four dates in September, starts at $518 on www.vacationoutlet.com and between $518 and $551 (depending on date) on www.vacationtogo.com.

RCCL's website lists the lowest price for all dates in September as $518. Ports of call are Los Angeles, California; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Los Angeles, California.

Dargal's prices range from $518 to $551 depending on date.

BTW, I'm not beating up on Dave but I do think Dargal should cease advertising itself as offering interline discount travel.

Paul

jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call these folks for BEST interline deal. It will be your only call. Have fun!

http://www.aavacations.com/cruise/mn_cruise.asp

[ 05-28-2010, 11:13: Message edited by: jeff shrewsbury ]

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can TWA retirees use AA vacations?
jeff shrewsbury
Post Captain
Member # 2910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeff shrewsbury     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim,

Although it doesn't "mention" it in the link above, the site is for all interliners and all interline retirees, including TWA. Check it out.

They are very good and very helpful. Best prices.

Jeff

Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

You may have something there, Jeff. AAVacations did not go out to September but comparing the RCCL Mariner sailing out of LAX on June 27, the lowest rates were:

AA - $699
RCCL - $759
Vacation Outlet - $759

However, AA seems to cater to last-minute travel as their website is quite sparse with respect to listings.

Paul

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you really want to enjoy luxury "boat-riding" and save a few bucks...... do it for nothing. That's right. Do it like a "real airline pilot"....free.

Normally this type information is not shared, however since my sailing days are over, here it is: [Smile]

Encourage your wife or room-mate to do a little volunteer work for (in our case) Cunard Steamship Lines. Two days were spent driving around in an old beat-up convertible, top down, delivering brochures and advertisement material to travel agencies.

In return for this small effort, Sally and her cigar-smoking chauffeur were invited as guests on a Caribbean cruise. Somehow this invitation included being special guests at the Captain's exclusive cocktail parties, dining at the Captain's table and his insistence on observing his "take-offs and landings".

Should any of you be this fortunate.......let me also mention one item.....There were four couples at the Captain's table....After the second or third evening, one gentleman asked; "Why do you think he chose us?" With a big [Big Grin] I suggested: "It's because we've got the best looking women on the boat."

A Frugal Pilot

P.S. Don't forget to pay for some of that fine wine during dinner;)

XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mahalo, Mahalo, Mahalo to all for the great suggestions on Cruises.

I guess I'll be busy searching for the "greatest bargains".

My daughter has had a rough go of it and this is for her 50th Birthday and being "clean for a year" present from me. I want to make this special for her as I promised her "next 50" was going to be much better than her last.

I often wonder why some choose such destructive paths. Such sadness we can cause ourselves.

Aloha and Mahalo again,
Benay

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I owned, raced and cruised about 5 sailing yachts during my time in SoCal, such as this one:
 -
and I always thought that people who cruised around on those big ships being waited on hand and foot and consuming mass quantities of fattening food and drink were sissies! [Smile]

BTW, once upon a time Wayne Haggard tried to persuade me to get a crew of TWA sailors together and enter that boat in the Transpac with perhaps some sort of TWA sponsorship. However, knowing something about how that boat was constructed I demurred. When I was considering buying it the survey showed that the hull was starting to buckle, and I was about to decline when the broker arranged for a team from the factory to reinforce it, which allowed another surveyor to pronounce it seaworthy. I always considered it fine for sailing around SoCal, but was skeptical about sailing it to Hawaii in that race. However, once when I was out cruising around I was below decks enjoying a little interlude with a cruising companion when I felt a huge jolt that felt like the keel had been ripped away. Upon making my way topside I saw that my friend to whom I had entrusted the helm had tacked 'way too close to the shore off Manhattan Beach, and had apparently hit a submerged pipeline. After maneuvering out of there and making our way to Agajanian's Boat Yard in Marina del Rey, I had the boat hauled and inspected, which revealed no damage, so apparently the factory team had done a good job of reinforcement.

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
[/QUOTE]

Cptn Eddie,

WOW!.......Now that looks like something to do for guys who don't eat quiche [Big Grin]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory