Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Ah Memory !

Author Topic: Ah Memory !
fdobcy
Post Captain
Member # 3039

Icon 7 posted      Profile for fdobcy   Email fdobcy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click: Ah Memory ! enjoy ! marc
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Marc,

A REALLY classy post.

Randy Kramer

Jeff I.
Post Captain
Member # 2334

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff I.   Email Jeff I.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Captain Randy --- a really wonderful (and Classy!) picture.

Jeff I.

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, what memories. I was in USAF class 55h with a man named Bob Dornan of hollywood fame so to speak. I believe his uncle was Jack Oakie, well, he got Grace Kelly to be out class beauty and she was that. Wow, long time ago but still have my class book with her pictures.
Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
Yes, what memories. I was in USAF class 55h with a man named Bob Dornan of hollywood fame so to speak.

Also known as "B-1 Bob" for his support of the bomber of the same name when he was in Congress as a Representative from Orange County, CA. First time I noticed him was when he was a talk-show co-host with Maria Cole, Nat "King's" Widow, on one of the LA independent TV stations in the late'60s or early '70s, I believe it was KTLA. Used to talk about his USAF service from time to time. He was finally defeated by a Hispanic candidate, some claim because of illegal aliens' votes, in 1998.
 -  -

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That be the " dude". We had a small combo and a variety show that we used to put on for local causes and Bob was our MC. Very good at it too. Had a juggler, fire eater, cowboy singer and a magician so it was fun and got us out of PE often to practice...at the "O" club for sure.
I tried to contact him while he was in congress but he just never answered so I quit.

Rocky Dollarhide
Post Captain
Member # 546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Dollarhide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Marc! A GREAT post!

R$

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory