Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Do You Know This Captain?

Author Topic: Do You Know This Captain?
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son, Steve, recently attended an open house at Flight Wing One. A professional photographer snapped this photo and the young man behind the pilot's left shoulder is Steve. Could the pilot be Dick Siano? I know that he was there in uniform.

Paul
 -

DC9
Post Captain
Member # 202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DC9   Email DC9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like Dick to me.
louburns
Post Captain
Member # 1923

Icon 1 posted      Profile for louburns   Email louburns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's Dick Siano shaking hands with Lenny the crew bus driver.
DickSiano
Post Captain
Member # 2959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DickSiano   Author's Homepage   Email DickSiano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! It is me. The old uniform fit but it was a little more than snug. I was hoping to see more of you there. It was a great day and the terminal looked good. I suggested it be turned into a drinking establishment and have Sam from the New Yorker tend bar in his cutaway jacket. The original National Airlines terminal next door is on its way down...sad.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dick,

I think the uniform fits darn well. Good for you!

Paul

Rocky Dollarhide
Post Captain
Member # 546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Dollarhide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam from the New Yorker would have been perfect! I always wondered why he had 5 stripes. Now I know!
Dick, You look GREAT!
R$

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rocky Dollarhide:
Sam from the New Yorker would have been perfect!

Let's not forget the barmaid, Julie.
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lived at the New Yorker and from another side, lets not forget how damn hard we studied with those tomes they gave us. Never forget Gouch, after a lunch at Soakies, put you to sleep. For me, it was the last chance at the golden ring as I had already been with 6 airlines. I look back and see just how lucky all of us were. A major World Airline hiring us!!! I am still, and will always, be grateful for those and these days for all the blessings that TWA brought me and my family. I sure miss the airline and the people. My satisfaction now is being the Hospitality Chairman with TARPA and when we have our conventions, I get to see and enjoy my friends.
Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by louburns:
Yes, that's Dick Siano shaking hands with Lenny the crew bus driver.

Hey, did Lenny arrive in the old TWA school bus?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory