Member # 722
I have sent the following message to Bill Kirschner (TARPA), Fran Daino (TWA Seniors) and Madeline May (SW Florida Seniors).
There are a plethora of email messages flying around the system on this issue and some folks like me are trying to make sense of it all. The basic situation, as I see it, is that we TWA retirees are legally creditors in the bankruptcy and we must file a notice of claim for our TWA life insurance.
From JetNet: On May 18 2012, AMR filed notice with the court for filing proof of claims and began sending out claim forms (I have not received mine yet). We are considered creditors and must file a claim for our insurance to be received by the court by 1700 on July 16, 2012, officially titled the Bar Date. Here's the notice:
"In continuation of its restructuring process, the Company received permission from the Court to send legal notice to potential creditors informing them about the deadline for filing a Proof of Claim. The Bar Date Notice will be sent to potential creditors and will include vendors, suppliers, employees and retirees. The mailings, which will be initiated this week, are a routine part of any Chapter 11 case. The deadline for filing Proofs of Claims - called the Bar Date - is July 16, which is the last date for creditors to file a Proof of Claim with the Court.
• As a part of the restructuring process, the Company is required to provide notice of the Bar Date to potential creditors including vendors, suppliers, employees, retirees, and others.
•Employees are receiving the Bar Date Notice as a routine part of a Chapter 11 case.
o If an employee has a claim against the Company concerning a matter that arose prior to November 29, 2011, their Proof of Claim must be submitted by July 16, 2012.
o Receiving a Bar Date Notice does not mean that the Company believes you have a claim.
• The Bar Date Notices will be mailed this week to current employees and certain former employees.
• The Bar Date is the last day on which a Proof of Claim form can be filed. July 16, 2012 is the deadline for filing claims in AMR's Chapter 11 cases. The Bar Date Notice is the document that outlines the process and the deadline.
• A Claim is a right to a payment from the Company that arose before November 29, 2011.
• Creditors are individuals, organizations or other business entities that feel they have a claim against the Company.
• A Proof of Claim form is the document that must be completed by a creditor or a creditor's attorney to assert a claim. The forms are being mailed to known creditors and are also available online at amrcaseinfo.com."
This is where we are at the moment. I believe the best thing we can do for our TWA brethren now is to confirm that they must retain the claim form and submit it on time. The form must be received by the court no later than 1700, July 16, 2102. Not postmarked, but received by the court.
Please feel free to distribute this message if you feel it's helpful.
Posts: 1367 | From: Hampton, NH and Naples, FL
| IP: Logged