Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt. Richard Friberg Flies West

Author Topic: Capt. Richard Friberg Flies West
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A celebration of life will be held later for Richard “Rick” Friberg of Eugene, OR, who died Sept. 16 of respiratory failure. He was 74.

He was born May 10, 1938, in Clarkfield, Minn., to Ray and Rachel Hanson Fri­berg. He married Gwyneth Harris in 1963; they later divorced. He married Barbara Henshaw in 1982; they later divorced.

He graduated from Eugene High School and received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Oregon. He was a pilot for the Oregon Air National Guard and the Navy Air Reserve. He worked his entire 35-year career as a captain, check captain and instructor for Trans World Airlines.

Survivors include two daughters, Kristen Gyben of Costa Mesa, Calif., and Ginny Gerard of North Salem, N.Y.; a brother, Ron of Eugene; and three grandchildren.

Arrangements by Musgrove Family Mortuary in Eugene.

Rest in Peace, Captain Friberg

Rocky Dollarhide
Post Captain
Member # 546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Dollarhide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always enjoyed working and hanging with Ric! God speed my friend!
R$

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory