Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt. Wayne Haggard flies west

Author Topic: Capt. Wayne Haggard flies west
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Capt. Haggard passed away yesterday, here in Fallbrook, CA of kidney failure. Further details will be posted as they're received. RIP Wayne...
Posts: 206 | From: San Diego/ San Felipe,Mexico  |  IP: Logged
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Wayne Haggard spent his entire flying career working to make life better for the TWA pilots.

Each of us is indebted to him for his efforts.

Rest in Peace, Wayne.

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are losing our champions of aviation so quickly. Wayne was a true gentleman and a fierce fighter for crew rights. We owe a lot to his skills and determination. Rest in peace my friend.
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if Wayne was a QB and if so, what hangar. We will honor him at our next meeting.
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Retav8r   Email Retav8r   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the Palomar, San Diego QB hangar and not aware of Wayne having been with this group. I'll check; maybe he was in it at one time or maybe a member of another QB hangar. No obit yet but Judy (his wife) did mention that he'll be cremated with ashes scattered at sea.
Jim Elkan
Post Captain
Member # 1828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Elkan   Email Jim Elkan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could not find Wayne listed as a QB member
Posts: 38 | From: Overland Park, KS/ Tucson,AZ  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Thank you gentlemen. Will search the Beam directory.
Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Judy still hasn't finalized service arrangements but they will be held here in Fallbrook. The following was sent to me for your info(His illness was not exactly brief as Wayne was in decline for at least the past few months and his eventual passing was due to kidney failure):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wayne Haggard passed away on Tuesday, February 5th after a brief illness. He would have been 90 years of age next month, and at his retirement in March 1983 had served with TWA for just short of 38 years. Wayne spent many years representing the TWA pilots in several ALPA positions including contract negotiations where his strong and innovative leadership skills were instrumental in achieving a great many of the benefits enjoyed by the TWA pilots during their careers. Arrangements will be announced at a later date. Condolences may be sent to his wife and family at the following address:

Mrs. Judy Haggard
3557 Esterlina Dr.
Fallbrook, CA 92028-8348

Retav8r
Post Captain
Member # 251

Wayne’s Celebration of Life will be Tuesday, March 5th from 1-4 PM at the
Golf Club of California/Sycamore Ranch in Fallbrook. The address is 3742 Flower wood Lane.

Directions

From I-15: Exit at Hwy 76 and drive west for 2.5 miles to Flower Wood Lane and go
one-half mile to the club house entrance.

From I-5: Exit Hwy 76 and drive East 16 miles to Flower Wood Lane. Turn left on
Flower wood Lane and go one-half mile to club house entrance.

Judy said that Wayne’s daughters are handling the TARPA obituary. They have pictures
of Wayne and are sending them in soon. Before he passed away, Wayne wrote about himself
and his daughters are adding to his writing.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory