Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Pilot Talk

Author Topic: Pilot Talk
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Following are some of the terms overheard while being around pilots over the years:

"Out of the loop"

"Doesn't have the big picture"

"Not up to speed"

As a young fly-boy, these words always brought a big smile as long as they did not appear on my report card. [Big Grin]

However, checking the calendar, thirty years have now gone by since my last month of flying for TWA. Therefore: May all who read this message board be aware that I now consider myself fully qualified for each of the above "ratings". [Frown]

With this in mind, in the future, greater effort will be made reading rather than writing on this board.

"Of all the birds that fly, the parrot talks the best and flies the poorest" (origin unknown)My favorite)

signed: an average TWA pilot

Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Following are some of the terms overheard while being around pilots over the years:

"Out of the loop" ---"Now in the "Groove"

"Doesn't have the big picture"--- "Helped paint that "Big Picture".

"Not up to speed"---"Now set for "Long Range Cruise"

As a young fly-boy, these words always brought a big smile as long as they did not appear on my report card.

However, checking the calendar, thirty years have now gone by since my last month of flying for TWA. Therefore: May all who read this message board be aware that I now consider myself fully qualified for each of the above "ratings".

With this in mind, in the future, greater effort will be made reading rather than writing on this board. "Keep on writing!"

"Of all the birds that fly, the parrot talks the best and flies the poorest"---"They live a long time, too!" (origin unknown)My favorite)

Randy, you are way to humble!. I have added my responses to your quote above.

Bob Willcutts

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you dare stop posting!! What will old "geezers" like me read. Good health to you my friend and YES, keep posting.
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, my Captain. Fess up. What's up? You are the best poster by far. Please don't stop!

Paul

Rocky Dollarhide
Post Captain
Member # 546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky Dollarhide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Randy,
The Loop gets bigger.
The Big Picture gets larger.
And as long as you are vertical, you are up to speed.
Please keep posting. I always look forward to your comments.
R$

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory