Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » DAL Warns on Obamacare

Author Topic: DAL Warns on Obamacare
Irish
Post Captain
Member # 722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Irish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go!!!

http://tinyurl.com/lrvkt26

Paul

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irish:
Here we go!!!

http://tinyurl.com/lrvkt26

Paul

Menu

FoxNews.com

Politics

Funny, it wasn't on CNN.

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Subsonic Transport
Post Captain
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Subsonic Transport     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I read this right, as companies reduce employee hours to avoid obamacare, won't this mean less money coming in that is needed to support this plan in the first place?

Where is the money going to come from? My pocket and yours? Won't this be double jeopardy?

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Subsonic Transport:
If I read this right, as companies reduce employee hours to avoid obamacare, won't this mean less money coming in that is needed to support this plan in the first place?

Where is the money going to come from? My pocket and yours? Won't this be double jeopardy?

And I believe we have all been told that MEDICAID and MEDICARE (including Part D) have all been underfunded since long before Obama came on the scene. Even the military is complaining about health care costs and threatens severe cuts to TRICARE and TRICARE FOR LIFE.

Heath care costs and debt are supposedly key parts of our country's financial dilemma and cancelling OBAMACARE is not going to change that.

And you and I Carl will continue to fund the ERs that are used by the poor who have no insurance and the irresponsible who can afford but don't purchase it.

[ 08-26-2013, 09:07: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Bob Ritchie
Post Captain
Member # 1035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Ritchie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warning...WARNING!

DAL faces multi billion dollar increases in the price of jet fuel. $$BILLIONS, not millions. Year over year increases have added BILLIONS of added costs for the airline industry. How oh how will the industry survive?

Oil futures traders add at least $1.00 to the cost of every gallon of jet fuel and no one benefits except the traders. Saudi oil is produced and pumped to the shipping port for $3.00 a barrel.

Relax. The added cost of fuel and the Affordable Care Act will just be passed along to the consumer.....just like every time I fill up my gas tank and watch the prices jump by 10% or 15% overnight.

Blue Skies.

Bob

Posts: 1936 | From: Warren County, Missouri  |  IP: Logged

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory