Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Capt Frank Arrufat flies west

Author Topic: Capt Frank Arrufat flies west
Roger Moore
Post Captain
Member # 2204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Moore   Email Roger Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw on the TWA Seniors site that Frank had passed away. He was a great guy who spent years rebuilding a Corsair. He lived in ELP. Does anyone know the facts. Roger Moore
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roger

There is a long string of comments with a letter from his son on twapilot.org. I think that he had been struggling with cancer.

I was flying with Frank on the 727 when he bought the Corsair from Costa Rica. He tried to get me to go down with him during the negotiations as I speak Spanish and he felt that I could be his language "wing man". For some reason I couldn't make it happen. At that time I owned a C195 and he wanted to check out in my plane to get tail wheel time. Didn't get to do that either.

I did get to fly with Frank later. In the late 80s when he checked out as Captain on the MD80 I had the pleasure of being his 890 for some of his graded time. Easiest money I ever made. I was so glad when he traveled to St. Louis in 2000 to attend my retirement party.

Frank and I regularly spoke Spanish together. We got some strange looks in the ramp offices. He was a wonderful man and will be missed by his family and all that knew him.

Que en Paz Descanse

extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank and I flew many, many flights together. His presence on the crew always made the flights more enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

Rest in Peace, Captain Frank.

Randy

[ 11-24-2013, 10:29: Message edited by: extwacaptain ]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory