Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Our Beloved Capt Kramer helps celebrate

Author Topic: Our Beloved Capt Kramer helps celebrate
Bob Willcutts
Post Captain
Member # 434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Willcutts   Email Bob Willcutts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again we see one of our finest Captains joining in the celebration of another pilot. This time he picked a girl.

Captain Kramer just keeps on "tickin".

Click Here

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mighty handsome in the uniform. How many of us can get into an old uniform?? [Cool]
extwacaptain
Prop Wash
Member # 381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for extwacaptain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captains Bob Willcutts, Bob Dedman;

Some things never change....A few kind words from a friend always work their magic, for which I am very grateful.

There are no longer many members of the Condor Flying Club (Squadron) still with us from the WWII era, for which reason, even though not actively flying, I am invited to their functions.

As an explanation for the uniform appearing to still fit........Yes, the blouse and cap are original, however, a close inspection will reveal that the four button holes have been “elongated” several inches and the buttons reattached with lengthy rubber bands. A little ingenuity to accommodate my enjoyment of a few Miller Golden Drafts at day's end.

Again, some things haven’t changed since those days flying for our airline. My wonderful fellow crew-members and the ground employees did all the work then and I had all the fun. The same thing happened at the celebration for Ms. Truesdale on Valentine's Day. All the preparation was thanks to one of our ex-TWA F/A supervisors and her daughter.

My assignment was to: “Smile, say nice things and shake a few hands.” I can do that.

[Wink] [Smile]

nyc6035
Post Captain
Member # 423

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nyc6035     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kramer,

Looking sharp in that uniform (rubber bands or not). The California sun has been treating you well I see. Good to see you doing what many of know you do best - pressing the flesh and meeting and greeting. Your friendly greetings are missed at LAX.

Best Regards
Mike

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Captain Kramer

So glad to see that you continue to be so involved in good "stuff". You look great as always------

Glasspilot
Post Captain
Member # 390

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Glasspilot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by extwacaptain: A little ingenuity to accommodate my enjoyment of a few Miller Golden Drafts at day's end.
You da man, Captain Kramer!

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory