Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Doug Parker's videos re: What's happening with the retirees etc.

Author Topic: Doug Parker's videos re: What's happening with the retirees etc.
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha!

If any are interested and not seen the videos from Doug Parker they are very interesting. He explains the new "American Airlines" and answers many questions regarding our [TWA retirees] pass privileges.

There are several videos and we found them very informative.

Go to Jetnet and look for Doug Parker's videos.

Finally we, TWA retirees, are going to be treated as we should have been all these years and the stigma of TWR is no more.

Benay

[Cool]

Posts: 190 | From: Laughlin/Bullhead City/Honolulu  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ATTENDED THE MEETING AND SPOKE TO THE GROUP. I LIKE MR PARKER AND i FEEL THAT HE WILL DO WELL AT AA/US AIR. I WAS TOLD THAT TWA'ERS WILL BE GETTING 4 D-2 PASSES JUST LIKE AA MEMBERS. FINALLY. THERE WERE ABOUT 100 PERSONS THERE AND QUITE A FEW VOICED OPINIONS AND SUGGESTIONS.
I TOLD MR PARKER THAT I THINK THOSE TYPE FORUMS ARE VERY HEALTHY FOR ALL AND THANKED HIM FOR TAKING TIME OUT TO ATTEND.

757orBust
Post Captain
Member # 54

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 757orBust   Email 757orBust   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please forgive a little correction...

Former TWR retirees will be getting 4 D1 passes (I repeat - D1) per year, just like any other category of retiree. The # of D2R passes is unlimited.

DW

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 757orBust:
Please forgive a little correction...

Former TWR retirees will be getting 4 D1 passes (I repeat - D1) per year, just like any other category of retiree. The # of D2R passes is unlimited.

DW

Those are 4 one way, D1 per person. Spouses receive 4 one way D1 passes also.
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gentlemen; Mr Cris Ducey, director of passes was standing behind me and unless I cannot hear right, he mention D2 passes. We will wait and see because he also said that it will be later on this year. My comment to him was "I hope it is before I die".
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Dedman   Author's Homepage   Email Robert Dedman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just finished viewing the video on Jet Net and I stand corrected, He was at the rear of the room and the video will explain everything. Mr Parker said we had passes while Mr. Ducey said "later in summer" so it was a little confusing and nerves had a little to do with it. Sorry for the confusion.
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XHNLEIC   Author's Homepage   Email XHNLEIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
Gentlemen; Mr Cris Ducey, director of passes was standing behind me and unless I cannot hear right, he mention D2 passes. We will wait and see because he also said that it will be later on this year. My comment to him was "I hope it is before I die".

Mr. Dedman;

In the letter we all received dated January 14, 2014 from Elise Eberwein [Executive Vice-President - People Communications, AA] all our new benefits were clearly listed. Some effective now and most in mid-summer.

Under the passes we [TWA retirees as well] will receive ....

Free coach travel [we have that now where we did not before]
Mid Summer we will receive...

8 one-way buddy passes [D3] for friends/family
4 one-way D1 vacation passes
No fees for 2 checked bags

All retirees whether AA, US or TWA will now be considered D2R {no more TWR].

Boarding priority [which seems to be a thorn in AA employees side] is "first come, first serve". We can verify 24 hours ahead of departure and that will be how we will be called ....not by seniority.

Mr. Parker and the man behind you recognized that we TWA retirees had be treated very badly therefore that has been rectified and we no longer will be in a class of our own. Soon [mid-summer] we will be considered a retiree just as AA and US employees.

Aloha to all,

Benay

P.S. Mr. Dedman we are not all "Gentlemen" here by the way, some of us are "Gentlewomen"... [Cool]

[ 04-19-2014, 11:06: Message edited by: XHNLEIC ]

Capn Eddie Ricketyback
Post Captain
Member # 3010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Author's Homepage   Email Capn Eddie Ricketyback   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose they decided that they didn't want to deal with another firestorm from the US employees like the one from the TWA employees 13 or so years ago. I don't for a minute believe that this decision was motivated by a desire to finally correct an injustice. I doubt if the American retirees very much like losing their privileged status. Comes a little late for many of us, as for my part I'm not going to waste any of the remaining years of my life standing by for a flight. In the unlikely event that I ever again want to go somewhere by air I'll just buy a ticket on the most convenient carrier available.

Congratulations TWA retirees, you're no longer (or soon will not be) "second class retirees."

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capn Eddie Ricketyback:
[QB] I suppose they decided that they...

I suspect that the "they" in this case is most probably USAIR and that we TWRs were the beneficiaries of their largesse and not AMR's.

I also believe that Mohawk, Piedmont, PSA etc. retirees were treated a lot better by USAir than we were treated by AMR. Somebody please tell me if I am wrong.

Also interesting to note, on every USAir jet that I have boarded recently, the logos of these absorbed carriers are clearly exhibited, painted on the fuselage to the right of the boarding door.
That's class. IMO.

Nick

[ 04-19-2014, 13:44: Message edited by: Dick Nicklas ]

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Mr or Mrs Benay, sorry that I did not know your gender.
XHNLEIC
Post Captain
Member # 1481

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Dedman:
Mr or Mrs Benay, sorry that I did not know your gender.

Aloha Mr. Dedman;

That is quite alright.....just wanted to let you know women are here as well.

Have a wonderful day!

[Mrs.] Benay Smith
[Cool]

Robert Dedman
Post Captain
Member # 366

Yes, I have been married to a beautiful woman for 52 years, but who is counting. A good woman is very hard to find. Aloha

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory