Smilin' Jack

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Smilin' Jack   » Specific Airline Discussions   » TWA   » Non Rev on US Airways

Author Topic: Non Rev on US Airways
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to plan a trip that would include flights on US Airways. Anybody know how to get info as to open seats and the number of non revs. I know that the US Airways website does show open seats but I don't know how accurate this might be.

Dave Carr

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave on your smart phone, go to the US Airways web site and then check flight status. On top of the flight status page you can check the stand by list. This is only done on you smart phone. Don't ask why not on a regular computer [Smile]
Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week after I listed for a USAIR ZED pass on MY ID TRAVEL and received a PNR and ticket number, which fortunately I printed out, I read the usual notice, something to the effect that YOU MUST ALSO LIST WITH THE CARRIER.

I tried to call the USAIR non-rev desk at 1-800-325-9999 for two days and got nothing but a recording sayings "Due to weather on the system you may not be able to reach us". How true.

When I tried to check in for the flight and presented the printed confirmation which had the USAIR ticket #, not an AA #, and the PNR which I believe USAIR calls the IDENTIFIER NUMBER, and after the agent tried repeatedly to enter the system with my name, PNR and the ticket number, I was informed that I was not in the system and she could not issue me a ticket.

I replied "Supervisor please". The supervisor took one look at the paperwork and started pounding the keyboard.

In about a minute she handed me my boarding pass.
I asked how she did it and she responded that "It happens all the time with AA ZEDs, I just issued you a new ticket".

Be careful out there.

Nick

PS My wife got back from LHR on AA, business class, yesterday. There was some discussion here last week about the charges. I'll let you know when I get them. She said it was a great trip and she loved the service.

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dave carr   Email dave carr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam

Thanks for the info on the smart phone. Now if I could just correlate. For tomorrow on flight 1965 the US Airways website seating chart shows around 20 coach seats available from CLT to PUJ. But it shows flexible and non refundable as sold out. ?? Then the smart phone standby status shows 171 capacity, 24 checked in and zero available. There are no standbys listed. Guess I'm getting "senior". Can't figure it out.

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPRIC   Email CPRIC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave, have you listed for the flight? Just because you purchased the ticket thru mytravel, and it gave you a PNR and ticket number, does not mean you are actually listed for the flight. You must go back to myidtravel, and click where it says: existing tickets/book or list for flights. Once you list for a specific flight it will give you a PNR, different from the one it gave you when you purchased the ticket. The first PNR was an AA PNR, which consisted of 6 letters. Once you list for a specific flight, it will give another PNR, which should consist of 3 numbers and 3 letters. That's an US Air PNR and with that one you can check yourself at any kiosk in the terminal. When you check in tomorrow, you should be able to see where you stand on the list.

I will check the flight tomorrow and hope to see your name with a seat number next to it.

Sam

[ 05-22-2014, 14:50: Message edited by: CPRIC ]

CPRIC
Post Captain
Member # 2756

Nick, I have flown US Air a few times and listed thru myidtravel and have never encounter any problems with my tickets. I have always checked myself in at the kiosks, was issued a card to get thru TSA and then issued a boarding pass at the gate. Hopefully next time will be easier for you.

Sam

dave carr
Post Captain
Member # 783

Sam

Thanks for your response. If I choose to travel on US Airways this information will be most helpful.

I'm not actually traveling until the 27th. My son works for another airline so fortunately I can travel non rev on companies other than US Airways and AA. I'm trying to look ahead to determine the best option. Knowing the loads in advance would be most helpful. Looks like at the moment we might not have that option with US Airways.

Dave

[ 05-22-2014, 15:48: Message edited by: dave carr ]

Dick Nicklas
Post Captain
Member # 934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Nicklas   Email Dick Nicklas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... it will give another PNR, which should consist of 3 numbers and 3 letters. That's an US Air PNR and with that one you can check yourself at any kiosk in the terminal.

Sam,

I just checked in for another USAIR ZED ticket for a flight next week and because of the problem I had last week and because of the "3 numbers" you mentioned above I was a little leery of the Booking Reference (as USAIR calls it) that I was given, EYOLTH, which didn't seem to have any numbers.

So I called the USAIR non-rev number, 800-325-9999, to see if I was listed. I read her the code and pronounced the "O" as an OSCAR. She said I was listed OK but that the "O" was a zero. She also checked the load for me and I have found that reasonably reliable in the past.

Nick

PS The 3 numbers may be random or maybe that's another West Coast quirk.

Posts: 164 | From: 4555 S. Landings Dr Ft Myers Fl 33919  |  IP: Logged
Tom Girtman
Post Captain
Member # 1021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Girtman   Email Tom Girtman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick, I just verifyed that I am listed for two flights next month and one PRN has no numbers and the other PRN has only one number. The agent said this is not unusual. Tom

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Smilin' Jack's Aviation Directory